A Hostage Situation

Začať od začiatku

"I mean- pardon me, Professor?"

McGonagall's lips quirked at his frantic recovery, "I mean exactly what I said, Mr Malfoy. You must come with me now."

Draco was bewildered, "Forgive me, Professor, but what's going on? What do you need me for?"

"There are logistics which require your presence regarding the Second Task of the Triwizard Tournament. I will explain in full once we reach the Dumbledore's Office."

Draco drew his eyebrows in confusion, nothing was making any sense, "Dumbledore's Office- have I done something wrong? And why are you here rather than Professor Snape? No offence, of course- it's just that he is my Head of House. Surely he should be involved?"

"No, Mr Malfoy, you are not in trouble. As I said, you are needed in regards to the Second Task, and Professor Snape is currently busy, he could not assist you this morning." McGonagall said in a tone which invited no further questions.

Draco opened his mouth to ask another, before catching McGonagall's quelling look and shutting it promptly. He walked the rest of the way to Dumbledore's Office in silence, contemplating everything that he's done to or with Harry in the last twenty four hours in an attempt to figure out his reason for being called here.

They reached the stone gargoyle which guarded the entrance to the Headmaster's Office. McGonagall stopped in front of it.

"Acid Pops."

The gargoyle nodded, stone spinning to open the way to the spiral staircase leading upwards.

"After you." McGonagall offered, gesturing for Draco to go through.

Draco stepped up warily, still frantically questioning the reasoning behind his retrieval.

They reached the Headmaster's Office quickly, McGonagall stepping forward and rapping thrice on the large polished door.

"Come in," Dumbledore's calm voice called, and the door opened to a scene most unexpected.

Draco looked about himself. The room was just as he remembered it from his near prosecution, saved by Snape and Harry rudely barging in, however now, on one side stood a line of particularly nervous looking people.

Draco's eyes picked them out one by one, Cho Chang, standing straight backed and beautiful, with her long black hair hanging elegantly at her back. She wore a mask of confidence, standing proudly beside the others, however a trace of anxiety was clear on her face.

Next to her, was a young girl, pretty, with shoulder length blonde hair. Draco recognised her as the sister, Gabrielle, of Fleur Delacour. Behind her stood a woman, alike in appearance but more pointy - her mother, presumably. Both the woman and Gabrielle looked terribly concerned, the woman still finding herself enough to hold a comforting hand on the girl's shoulder.

At the end of the line stood none other than Hermione Granger. She held the same confident poise as Chang, yet Draco could see the way she worried her lip between her teeth, she was also nervous. He met her eyes across the room, and she shot him a strained smile. Draco smiled back.

"Ah, Mister Malfoy. Here at last," Dumbledore comments, rising gracefully from his place at his desk.

Draco looked between him and the line of people, "Forgive me for asking, Sir, but is this- erm.." Draco trailed off, realising he couldn't exactly say what he thought this was without giving away that he knew the entire task.

"Yes?" Dumbledore asked, observing him over half-moon spectacles.

"What am I- what are we here for, exactly?" Draco corrected swiftly, covering his mistake.