***

Too much from the past was coming back to her and she  realized that Kei was always this way. What married couple who lives together can count the number of times they had sex on just their fingers?

Jay turned around and finally saw Tania was standing there but he screamed because he was frightened.

'Oh shit Tania you scared me'

'Sorry..I kinda got lost in thought'

He walked to her and hugged her and asked if she was okay. She hugged him back and sighed. A few days ago she would have felt guilty about hugging Jay like this but now it felt like they were made to hug each other. Kei rarely hugged her. They barely touched each other too. 

Jay could stay like this for the whole day but he was hungry and he was sure Tania was too. He fixed her plate and the both ate in silence. Tania offered to do the dishes but he wouldn't allow that and told her she could feed lulu for him instead. Lulu likes Tania. She made Tania sit with her as she ate her food. When she was finished she followed Tania everywhere. Jay had to throw her in her room which Tania scolded him for.

They both took turns using the bathroom and Jay gave Tania some of his clothes to wear. When they were both done Jay took Tania to the living room and they sat together. He wanted to bring up last night and but he also didn't want to make her uncomfortable. Hewas gonna drop it if she wasn't ready to talk about it.

'What happened last night' He asked gently 

'Oh um' her face scrunched like it was something painful 'I-'

'Wait you don't have to tell me, I'm just glad you're okay' Jay said quickly 'You're okay right?'

'Well I found out that my husband is gay and is in a secret relationship with my father but I feel fine right now, I guess it'll take time for it to sink in' Tania laughed but Jay saw how her eye's dropped and how she trembled slightly.

'That's so fucked up'  Jay murmured 'I have something to tell you…I wanted to years ago but I was..Kei blackmailed me and I guess I was trying to protect you' 

'I should've told you back then' 

***

Jay told Kei that he liked Tania and he attacked him for it. Kei didn't show any indication that he liked Tania and they have been friends well since forever. Jay really thought he had a chance. He looked up to Kei and he didn't want to betray him so he left Tania alone. If she told him that she liked him he'd gladly accept her feelings.

He had a quiz club that day after school and it went on longer than expected. He skipped past all the empty classrooms and he was almost done when he saw familiar gold hair. He stopped in his tracks and saw that the person was Skye and he was sharing a kiss with none other than Miguel Brown. The captain of the school's football team and he was a guy!

Jay gasped and they turned and saw him. He'd done such a stupid thing. On instinct he took off. Kei was hot on his trail and he got caught. Kei grabbed him and they both fell on the ground.

'I didn't see anything I swear!!'

Kei glared at him and fixed his glasses.

'It was for a dare so don't ever speak about it.'

'But he's a guy…we played truth or dare lots of times and you would never do something you didn't want to' Jay said, suddenly breathing too loudly 

'I assure you Jay it was really only a dare…it's nothing for you to talk about either' Kei suddenly looked at his hand 'I know all your dirty secrets…I could end your father's entire career right now…ha even your slut of a mother'

Jay's body trembled. He knew that the Holland's were powerful people and he didn't want his parents to suffer because of him so he swore he wouldn't tell anyone and Kei had him lick his shoes. He took that humiliation and cried on his way home. 

A week after that he saw Kei kissing Tania and he made eye contact with him and kissed her deeper. He was trying to taunt him and it was working. Kei blackmailed him and used him to do his dirty work while he rubbed his relationship with Tania in his face. 

Tania was a kind and pure soul and she still respected Jay and kept him as her best friend. Honestly, she was kinda clueless and it almost seemed like she would worship Kei if possible. Jay couldn't see what she saw in him and that pained him. Someone as kind and gentle like Tania didn't deserve to be with an asshole like Kei. 

When Kei met up with Miguel, Jay knew deep down that they were going to make out and one day he followed them and took photos of it. He had no Idea that Kei had 'spies' around him and that day he was beaten up by a group of guys. Kei stood there and watched. He grew up with Kei and he could have anything he wanted.

He lied to his parents and grandfather and he begged them to send him abroad. He left a flimsy paper with an apology for Tania and then they never saw him again. 

***

'So the reason you left is because of Kei?'

'Yeah'

'I'm so sorry Jay…oh my God'

'It's fine I've grown past that and this isn't about me' Jay sighed 'I wished I told you…you're dad is so low of him'

'I'm glad you didn't tell me…I would've probably been in denial back then' Tania laughed again 'my dad of all person eh' 

They both sat in a comfortable silence. Tania rested her head on her knees and hummed a song. Jay looked at her and he wanted to do everything in his power to take her pain away.