CHAPTER ( 22 ) Who is it ?

Začať od začiatku

" My child also works in Martin Estate so we only have time to see each other at night " she said.

" Oh really at about 2:30Am in the morning....."I asked with a suspicious look on my face.

" why are you even asking me this questions Don't Tell me you suspect me of...."

" You don't get to reply a question with a question. You went to see your 'Child' as you call it at about 2am in the morning. Why? What happened to before that particular time? What where you doing then? " I asked raising an eyebrow.

" I busy was  with...." I cut in.

" busy with what? If I remember clearly you are the head maid of my quarters , you don't really do anything, your job is to supervise or command other  maids to do actual work. And even if you were  busy as you say were. Maids retire to their hostles 10pm and if you wanted to talk to your child, it will take you nothing more than one hour but you returned to your hostel........"

My words were interrupted by the sudden chatters downstairs.

" what going on ?, Agent White go check it out" I said to Agent White.

Agent White leaves my room in a hurry. Looking directly at Jessica I had forgotten what I wanted to say.

I know it was wrong questioning her but the thought that one of my maids killed Elder Eve and bethel makes me unable to trust anyone not even Agent white.

"You see Young heiress I......" Jessica was interrupted as agent white walks  in my room.

The look on his face said ' we have a situation' I could tell, Agent White is good at making facing expression that don't need words.

" What's the problem......" I had not finished my sentence before I heard footsteps and finally heard a voice that had been absent for the past five days....guess who?

" What do you think is the problem Amarianna?"

The only person that calls me by my name , my Loveth Grandmother, LYNDA MARTINS.

***

The only person that I had been afraid of, that I didn't even know I was afraid of is .........

" What the hell is this " Shows me the Video of Me addressing the audience at Elder Eve and bethel's funeral.

I turned to look at the opposite side of the television. Lynda had already dismissed both Jessica and agent white out of my room.It was just me and her.

' huh? I really wanted to find out the truth, why, how and who killed bethel. Atleast their souls will rest in peace after that"

" What kind of speech is this....." Lynda asked yelling, before I cut saying with a very calm tone.

" The type that speaks the truth..." She cuts in with eyes boiling with anger.

" What nonsense Truth. Do you know that this" points at the screen.

" Almost ruined our family's reputation. I had calls coming from different part of the world because of it. I had so many business proposal that was cancelled because of this. Do you know much it took me just to get this video down. Huh?" Runs her hand across her hair.

Okay ? I might have done too much in the funeral, but the fact there were trying to hide the true cause of their deaths got me pissed off.

Inhales and Exhales " And most importantly what are you doing in Nigeria. Didn't I order you to leave this country....why are you so stubborn" Grits her teeth in frustration.

She sits down and Continued to talk but with a lower tone this time. I didn't really pay attention to what she was saying I was in my own world.

" The CCTV footage only show a short clip of two minutes. A maid in my quarters uniform serving tea to Elder Eve and bethel, and leaving afterwards. What about the rest of footage? could it be that it was deleted. but by who?. I highly doubt the maids in my quarters are computer leterate . Was it someone else maybe an outsider? . No the gates of the Martins Estate are close at exactly Nine, so there is no way that an outsider could have gotten in , with bodyguards stationed at   every corner, I should probably talk to agent white"

I turned to look at my grandmother she was still talking, sadly I wasn't paying attention. " I really need to talk to agent white so as to catch the culprits because I have a feeling it was not done by one person"

Sighing I decided to listen to my grandmother and probably apologize, so she could stop talking and I could continue my search.

"Why are you not  like your mother"
She said Calmly." Your mother would never had....."

That statement sent chills down my spine. "  I am not Estella Martins......."
I said hurt.

I stared at her coldly for a few minutes before saying." And I would really appreciate it, if you don't ever compare to someone my mother wasn't" I said leaving my room in tears.

  As tears roll down my eyes I ran as fast as I could, how could she compare me to someone my mother wasn't, how could she......

I stopped running, standing a inches away from the pool. Someone holds my hand from behind and........

______________________________________

Hey guys am really like really infact very very very very sorry 🙏. Christmas preparation got me very busy. That I couldn't even get 6 hours of sleep a day, God !, I even fell ill all thanks to the Stress🤮. It's January already but Happy Christmas and Happy New year.

Am still very sorry like extremely because I said I wanted to get to the middle of my book before Christmas and I failed.

Please forgive your frail Authoress who is not the strongest person in the world.

So please if you like my novel please follow me.

If you love this Chapter kindly vote

And if you anything to ask comment.

*For those of you wanted to find out who the traitor maid is see you in the next chapter.....it will reveal how , why and who killed Elder Eve and Bethel although our amazing Amar would have found out the truth if Lynda had not interuppt her #Enemy of progress.

Either way see you guys in the next chapter 😁😉😊

Your Pleading Authoress

Treprincle 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Love y'all