Chapter 21: Theatrical Intrigues and Daring Rescues

Start from the beginning

Zenon furrowed his brow, looking at Cid with a perplexed expression. "Who the hell is he?" he questioned, clearly thrown off by Cid's sudden confession.

Ordering the knights to proceed, Zenon sternly commanded, "Tie them both up and interrogate them accordingly. We must get to the bottom of this."

As the knights moved to follow the order, one of them, unable to resist the strange turn of events, kicked Cid in the butt to prompt him forward. Cid, with exaggerated flair, winced and acted like it hurt, adding a touch of theatricality to the situation.

Kirito, observing Cid's theatrics, raised an eyebrow and asked, "Are you some kind of masochist?"

Kirito weighed his options, realizing that escaping might only fuel suspicions. As the knights tightened his restraints, he strategized quietly, "I need to find a way to clear my name and help Princess Alexia without making things worse."

Observing Cid's theatrics, Kirito considered leveraging his friend's bold move. He whispered to Cid, "Play along for now, but we need a plan to expose the real culprit and prove our innocence."

Later that day...
Zenon entered the office of Captain of Crimson Order, Iris Midgar with a firm knock on the door. Iris, engrossed in her work, looked up, her eyes narrowing at the unexpected interruption.

"What brings you here, Zenon?" she inquired, her tone reflecting a blend of curiosity and irritation.

"Captain," Zenon began with a salute, "we've apprehended the most suspicious individuals in connection to Princess Alexia's kidnapping

"Captain," Zenon began with a salute, "we've apprehended the most suspicious individuals in connection to Princess Alexia's kidnapping. Currently, we are interrogating them to extract any information."

Iris Midgar's expression shifted to one of seriousness. "Kirito Kuroha. What did he do when he heard about the accusations?" she asked, her eyes narrowing with suspicion.

Zenon replied, "He immediately refused the accusations and attempted to escape. However, our knights managed to stop him."

Iris let out a sigh and got up to look through the window, her expression deep in thought. "I've heard good things about Kirito through Alexia," she said, her voice reflecting a mix of concern and contemplation. "If he's truly involved in this, I'll be the one to deal with him personally."

Zenon nodded, understanding the gravity of the situation. "Captain, should I continue the interrogation and follow the leads we have?"

Iris Midgar turned back to Zenon, her gaze unwavering. "Yes, proceed with the interrogation. We need to unravel the truth behind Alexia's disappearance, no matter where it leads us."

Zenon nodded solemnly, his expression mirroring the seriousness of the situation, and left Iris Midgar's office with a small, knowing smirk.

Meanwhile, Iris Midgar, with a furrowed brow, started examining Kirito's records and the information gathered about him. She pondered the conflicting image of Kirito as someone known positively by her sister and now accused of a grave crime.