Remember to Smile

--

"Bye Katsuki, bye Eijiro!" Masaru says as they leave the Bakugou household. Waving his hand. Kirishima turns around for a brief moment and waves back enthusiastically. Bakugou flapped his fingers awkwardly. Kirishima held the passenger door open and let Bakugou in, shutting the door before going to the driver's side.

With Kurai being taken care of, it was time to stop by the agency to ask Bakugou some questions.

They arrived and went inside, being led to the agency's "questioning room." Bakugou sat down while Kirishima and Midoriya sat across from him.

"You remember me, Kachan?" Midoriya asks, a little too hopeful. Bakugou scrunched his brows in confusion. Who the hell is "Kachan?" And why did he hate the greenette saying that.

"Aren't you the one who called?" He asked, referring to when Midoriya had called Kirishima. Midoriya said nothing in return.

"So... how far back can you... remember?" The greenette asked eventually. The blond shrugged. "How about...my hero name?"

Bakugou lifted an eyebrow in confusion.

"I guess not..." Midoriya mumbled, almost sadly. Kirishima wasn't sure why, the blond had said his hero name as an insult, even with its different meaning.

"Oh! How about your favorite hero! Do you remember that?" Bakugou shook his head. Kirishima's face is scrunching up with worry, almost close to crying as it looks. It made the blond upset. Midoriya seemed to catch this.

"Kirishima, how about you ask him something," the greenette turned to look at him.

"Oh, uh..." Kirishima didn't want to do this. "When was...our first kiss?" Kirishima seemed a little awkward asking this, but it was a fair question.

Bakugou looked at him sadly before shrugging his shoulders again. The redhead tensed, his face looking like he was about to burst into tears.

"I-I don't think I can do this," Midoriya looked up at Kirishima with concern.

"But you've spent the most time with him, you know him like no other," Midoriya stood up and tried to reason.

"But it pains me to hear the fact he doesn't remember any of it!" The redhead cried. The greenette placed his hand on Kirishima's shoulder, a gesture of comfort, but it didn't help.

Bakugou's lips quivered, tempted to say what he had remembered. He sighed. He had to. He had no other choice now, did he?

"Kirishima, I have to tell you something," they both turned to look at him. He felt more nervous now. Is this how he felt when he had first confessed.

"You've been a pain in my ass, much like everyone else in our fucking class," He hopes he's remembering everything right, with that face of recognition coming across Kirishima's face, he's thinking he is.

"But you're not as annoying as everyone else," Midoriya looked extremely confused at this suddenness. Kirishima's face pulled one of shock, hope, sadness.

"And, I consider you one of my friends..."

"But I don't want to stay friends," Why was Kirishima letting him finish? Is he hoping that he can remember every word, just to be sure?