"You know what? I probably should give you a different name, don't you think? Your daddy is Baron, but you're definitely not. At least, not right now," King said as he got his cutting board out. 

Haven't used this thing in forever. 

He hadn't used any of his good knives, either, because he rarely cooked anything that required them. 

"Alright, little Prince, let's get you some food," he said as Prince began wandering around his legs, eventually grabbing hold of one of them as he looked up eagerly. 

He began cutting it carefully, not trusting his knife skills much, but when he felt a little brat begin climbing up his leg, he glanced down. 

"You're being a bit impatient, bud," he said, even as he let Prince climb up onto the counter. 

The little raccoon was soon tapping the watermelon with its paws, as if to say hurry up. 

This guy. You give an animal fancy name and it suddenly starts acting like one. 

"You're not a prince, you hear me? You'll wait your turn to be served," he said, even as he carefully cut out a big piece on the opposite side that Prince was pawing at. 

He was just about to hand it to him, but then realized something and lifted him up. 

"You need to eat it here, okay? I don't want my counters stained," he said as he gently set Prince down in the clean sink, then quickly offered him a large piece of the watermelon. 

To say that the poor slice of melon didn't stand a chance would have been an egregious understatement. 

"I... how did you eat that entire thing before I could even cut myself a piece?" he asked, dumbfounded as he stared at the now juice-soaked raccoon. 

Thank god mom bought you so much stuff. 

He quickly got him another piece, then went to the fridge and took out a couple grapes and a cartoon of eggs. He quickly handed the grapes over to the little grabby paw reaching for them, then got the stovetop switched on and filled a pot with water using the other side of the sink. 

As he waited for that to boil, he watched Prince finish up his meal with loud, content chomps. 

So messy. You're going to need a bath after you finish your lunch. 

He was honestly curious how he would handle water. Since he'd dropped Otterbahn in the tub earlier when he'd fallen asleep by accident, he didn't think that it would be too much of an ordeal... hopefully. 

When he noticed Prince begin climbing out of the sink, clearly intent on finishing off the watermelon, King stepped in and scooped him up. 

Oh boy, you're a mess. 

Glancing back at the eggs he'd just put in the pot, he noted the timer and pursed his lips. 

"They won't take too long... I'm sure there's another thing you could eat so you don't have too much fruit," he said as he opened the fridge, then glanced down at the overflowing vegetable drawer. 

"Ah ha." 

He pulled out a long carrot and held it up to him. 

"How about this?"

Prince glanced between the carrot and watermelon, clearly torn. Eventually, thankfully, he grabbed the carrot and began gnawing away in King's arms. 

"That's a good boy." 

With his little prince busy, King gently nudged the eggs a bit with a slotted spoon, then went to the laundry room to grab a few clean towels before bringing them to the bathroom. The entire time he was busy Prince was completely focused on his carrot.