chapter 9

┌──── •✧• ────┐

ix. undeniable tension

└──── •✧• ────┘

"This dirtbag was coming at me yo!" Willie was repeating the story of his not-kill again and while Kitana just scrunched her eyes closed, Marcus stiffened against her and this time not in the way she wanted him to. His nostrils flared and Kitana noticed the shift in his behaviour. She exhaled before snorting, "Go already just don't get your pretty face bashed in by the dumbass."

A wave of relief seemed to wash over him, seeing as she was supportive rather than mad about him wanting to straighten his and Willie's situation out. A twinge of concern flickered through his eyes nontheless. "You'll get your kiss don't worry." She snorted, rolling her eyes.

The confirmation was all it took for Marcus to leave a quick peck on Kitana's cheek before he bolted out the bathroom to confront Willie. Kitana decided to walk around a bit and talk to a few of her more tolerable classmates.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

When Kitana was finished talking to her acquaintances she decided to look for Billy and see if he wanted to spend some time with her. When she walked into the kitchen she caught him talking to Marcus who was currently leaning against the counter, sipping from a bottle of beer.

"When I was a kid, I noticed every house had on thing," Billy started as he rummaged through one of Shabnam's cupboards. "A Quaker Oats box no matter what, and when things were bad, I got to thinking. It's god keeping an eye on us." He took out a box of cereal, shaking it with a determined face.

Kitana had to snort making Marcus' head snap to her. Truth be told he did feel guilty about leaving her especially when they were so close to kissing but he was determined to get another moment alone with her so he could fulfill that need.

Billy put the cereal down on the counter before marcus reminded, "That isn't god on the Quaker Oats." Kitana jokingly shushed him, not wanting to ruin Billy's beliefs.

In that moment, Petra entered the kitchen looking beautiful in her black jeans shorts and mesh-shirt. "He looks like god," Billy retorted before running a shaky hand through his hair. "And there isn't any here. It's a bad omen, no Quaker Oats. We should go."

He noticed Petra now stuffing her mouth with a slice of pizza but so did Marcus, now realizing, "You're trying to get out of talking with Petra. Enough stalling." He pushed Billy lightly to encourage him and Kitana instinctively stepped closer to Marcus and locked her eyes on Billy.

He was a bit surprised she still wanted to be close to him after he stood her up but he appreciated the proximity even more now. They both looked expectantly at Billy who was now leaning against the counter Petra was eating pizza at.

"Hey I know... Look, um... I'm sorry if it's lame but um, I think you're really smart and funny and really pretty," Kitana started smiling because Billy was honestly doing well apart from his stuttering. "Um I think I love you Petra."

Kitana choked on her own saliva clapping a hand over her mouth silently. Well there goes that. Marcus' eyes widened as he realized what had just happened and he knew Kitana must be feeling the same way when he felt a soft body pushing itself into his shoulder. 

He looked down to see Kitana hiding her face in the crook between his arm and his torso as to not see the spectacle happening in front of them. He smiled down at her, which she couldn't see as she was engulfed by his sweatshirt, and wrapped his arm around her to hold her against him. He returned his attention to the spectacle and rubbed little circles onto Kitana's waist with his thumb.