chapter 5

┌──── •✧• ────┐

v. lin's assignment

└──── •✧• ────┘

The cold evening air was crisp and a rosy color adorned Kitana's cheeks. She took a walk around the school grounds thinking of a way she could master the assignment. The actual target was the thing she'd least have to worry about. 

A sneeze tickled her nose and as soon as it left her body a "Bless you" startled her from behind. She turned around to find a smug-looking Marcus standing there. 

Rolling her eyes so hard, Marcus wondered when they'd get stuck, she asked, "And what makes you think it's okay to creep up on me like that?"

He snorted, "Never said or thought it was, but you can't deny it was funny."

Kitana mocked his laugh and looked at him expectantly, asking herself what his goal was. Marcus knitted his eyebrows together before she finally asked, "What do you want?"

"Wow, way to be subtle.." Marcus just earned himself another eyeroll. "Okay okay geez! I need help. With the assignment."

She arched one eyebrow giving Marcus a sceptical look. "And why would I do that? I already have all my stuff planned out."

Of course she was lying but he didn't need to know. She was great at making plans last minute so why not tonight? The killing was easy for her after all, the only hard thing was the feeling of guilt that creeped up to her after. But no one knew that, to everyone she was just the perfect killing machine, the one who did all assignments.

Who'd know that in reality she'd never hurt a fly if it weren't for the way she was raised...

"Listen almost nobody knows it but my rep is complete shit. I didn't do it and I'm here for the wrong reasons. Please, I don't know how to do this let alone without any help. Please..." He sounded really desperate and Kitana couldn't say she didn't enjoy hearing it. She loved it when men begged.

After mentioning his reputation, she couldn't help but give in to her curiosity. "What do you mean? For the wrong reasons?"

"Listen, I can explain it but not now, the assignments due tomorrow and I have no idea how to complete it, please help me Kitana...."

She grumbled under her breath but the expression on his face nudged her heart. "Ugh you're turning soft..." she thought. She pretended to think for a moment but the answer was as clear as day, she couldn't just say no especially because she knew what would happen if the assignment wasn't completed.

Punishment.

Kitana grabbed his hand and dragged him to a nearby bush at the very border of King's Dominion. Hidden behind various branches and vines was a scratched up, damaged car.

"What are you-" He seemed to struggle against her grip but she refused to let go. "Shut up, I'll help you."

When he realized what was happening, a grin spread across his face and Kitana would be lying if it didn't make her heart skip a beat. She had to turn around to hide her smile.

"Passenger side. Now." She unlocked the car, sitting down in front of the wheel. "Yes ma'am." He said enthusiastically.

Now she was blushing, just great. Marcus noticed and smirked to himself, he'd definitely remember that valuable piece of information.

Kitana stuck the key into the ignition, trying to remember all the steps in order for the car to work properly. Did she have a license? No. Did she take lessons? Only from Billy. Was a disaster about to happen? Possibly...