chapter 3

┌──── •✧• ────┐

iii. king's dominion

└──── •✧• ────┘

San Francisco, 1987, Lin's office

"Ah, there she is!" Master Lin greeted his "niece" with a hug.

The familiar scent of freshly polished wood and jasmine incense filled her nostrils while her eyes focused on the thing before her.

Lin walked back to his desk while Kitana took a step closer, slowly recognizing the figure perched on the chair in front of it.

"Kitana, do you know why I called you here?" Lin asked the girl, making Marcus turn around and stare at her with wide eyes.

She shook her head and Lin smiled at her in return. "So you've been at this school longer than any of my students and frankly, Marcus hasn't. This place is your home and you know it like the back of your hand." Her heart swelled with his affirming words and she couldn't help but crack a smile.

"I believe our new student here needs someone to show him the ropes and guide him in the first few weeks. That is also the reason why I assigned the both of you the same schedule except for the extracurriculars etc, etc."

Kitana's smile dropped. She tilted her head in annoyance while her uncle just shrugged with a pleased smile playing on his lips.

"I want you to be his guide."

A silent groan escaped her and she rolled her eyes once more before she roughly grabbed his shoulder and pulled him out of his chair, giving her "uncle" a sarcastic smile.

She led him out of the room, hearing Lin shout, "And don't rip him apart on the first day!" She let the door fall back into its frame with a loud *bang* before she let the boy go.

To be honest, she didn't mind him, it was just the task that annoyed her. Everything that he did wrong, she had to pay for now.

He was holding a box and a panicked expression. She raised her eyebrows before asking, "What?"

He just shook his head, a blush spreading across his cheeks.

Cute.

"Showers are down the hall on the right, use it, you smell like dead broccoli and rat." She threw him a towel before walking in the other direction. "And make sure to meet me in the main hallway in 20!"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The hallway was crowded, students in uniforms rushing to their next class, desperately trying to open the old and rusty lockers, some chatting loudly, some walking around quietly.

Kitana was leaning against her locker when Billy approached her and wrapped her in a hug which she reluctantly returned.

Not that she minded hugs from the green-haired boy, but she would appreciate hugs after he showered.

"So what's going on with ya?" Kitana snorted, knowing that she was going to go into full complain-mode about having to babysit a teenager.

"Did I ever tell you how annoying my uncle is sometimes?" Billy raised his eyebrows before mockingly counting his fingers. Kitana laughed and pushed his hand back down.

"Lin assigned me to watch over the newest rat and I can't say no cause he's my "uncle" and I technically owe him after the whole taking me in after I watched my parents get massacred thing..."