chapter65

"Who Dares?" Veer frightening growled instantly subdued upon seeing that it was just his chutki.

Aisha was shocked to see his blood-freezing glare towards her. Like a brutal storm filled with cracking thunder, his eyes were a terrifying sight to witness. It had a murderous edge to it, promising torture and agonizing death.

She had never seen him like this. While he often likes to scold her and Vatsal, she had still always felt doted on by both her brothers. But still, Veer bhai had always been aloof with everyone, seeing him possessive beyond words was surprising.

With one arm securely wrapped around Kavya, pressing her body and face to his muscular chest, and his face pulled into a dark scowl, he was scary to witness. It seemed like he was protecting the woman in his arms from a predator.

"Bh.....Bhai....aaiiii,
Let me go,"
She eyed his tight grip that was the beginning to bruise her wrist.

He immediately released her hand and pulled it back.

"AhhA.......SORRY..."
he sighed running a tired hand through his hair. He had woken up right when Aisha walked into the room but kept eyes closed. He didn't know who was in the room but had felt a presence, therefore, his first instinct was to protect Kavya.

"Chutki, you shouldn't sneak up on people." He scolded her while shifting into a more comfortable position on the bed. His arm was sore and he could barely feel it from an entire night of holding Kavya close to him.

She was able to sleep through the shift in position and the earlier commotion, for her eyes were shut tight and her breath was still coming out steadily.

At the sight of her sleeping face, his face softened and warmed up. He didn't want to disturb her sleep or make her posture uncomfortable, but he knew he needed to deal with his meddlesome sister.

He gently rolled her upper body off his chest and placed her head onto the pillow. The way he adjusted her body was like a jewelry craftman dealing with his most precious diamond.

After making sure she was comfortable, he leaned on the headboard. With one arm still wrapped around her, comfortably patting her back, he pulled the blanket up to her chin. For third time today, Aisha felt her jaw drop to the floor. Her brother, known for never caring about women, was actually being nice to one!

No wait, it was more than nice-he was incredibly doting and pampering! Since when was her Bhai like this?

She didn't think he was the type of man to shower his lover with adoration! He didn't even treat her, his own younger sister, with type of love he was treating her bestie.!

"What are you looking at?" He sniped, glaring at her when she stared at them for too long. Aisha narrowed her eyes at his attitude. She placed her hands on her lips, glancing at him. "Don't talk to me like that Bhai!"
"Or else what?" He rolled his eyes at how childish she was acting.

From beside his legs, Kavya let out a small noise, her eyebrows slightly coming together to form a crease on her forehead.

Veer's gaze darkened. "Keep your voice down. She's still sleeping." He hissed at Aisha.

His harsh tone didn't match his actions. He was still adoring running his hand on Kavya's back, in hopes of comforting her back to sleep.

Aisha stood there, opening and closing her mouth like a fish. She couldn't believe his behavior. He was such a pampering boyfriend.

What the hell?

"Listen here—"

"Raise your voice again and I'll send you to main Family Purani Haveli for another lecture."
Veer's lip became a thin line.

Aisha felt her entire body itch with annoyance. She glared at him but complied by whispering instead.

"If you bully me, I'll complain my bestie."She childishly said, crossing her arms like a brat spoiled by her mom. In this case, her bestie was the mom who'd go beyond expectations to protect her baby.

Veer's eyes narrowed onto his annoying little chutki. "Are you threatening me"?

"Hmph! Maybe Iam....Bhaii.." She said, grabbing her phone subtly started voice recording.

Veer was quick to pick up what was she trying to do.

"Don't test me,Chutki..." His glare was hair raising and Aisha felt a chill pass through her.

It was as if she opened a window to feel the cooling cool air temperature around them dropped to sub-zero, despite the fact that the heaters were turned on.

Not liking his tone, Aisha's finger pressed on her phone's screen a few more times. Veer eyed her, unsure of what she was going to do.

Without warning, a loud blaring noise played, immediately shaking Kavya out of her sleep. In just a second, she had pulled on an inconspicuous compartment within the headboard to wield out a pistol.

Everyone was startled when she suddenly lifted the blanket over her face, completely taking everyone by surprise.

For someone who was still sleeping less than a minute ago, the dangerous glint in her eyes and the ready intent to kill was a slap of reality for Aisha and an alarming sight for Veer.

Both Oberoi's siblings were beyond shocked at the weapon in her hands.

Kavya blinked in surprise when she saw she wasn't in any danger.

Aisha's phone slipped out of her hand in shock, tumbling onto the floor.

"O-oh, good morning." Kavya hesitantly said, placing the gun down and climbing out of the bed to turn off Aisha's phone. The constant noise was beginning to give her headache.

"Umm.... Bestie, why do you have a gun?" Aisha eyed meticulously cleaned weapon.

Kavya tried to play it off with a smile. It's not a real. It's a prop. She pressed her hand on the trigger but the gun only made a clicking noise.

"See?  It's harmless". She blatantly lied to Aisha. In order to use it, she would have to unlock the trigger guard. Luckily. Aisha didn't know a lot about guns, so she easily fell for the lie.

"Really? Can I see it? Aisha curiously asked, reaching out for the gun.

Kavya shook her head with a teasing smile. "Everything becomes a weapon?" she laughed, expertly guiding her bae's mind to something else.

"It was one time!" Aisha cried out, completely embarrassment.

"One time is too many." Kavya snorted, rolling her eyes while walking back towards her bed and opening the bedside drawer to place the gun inside.

"BUT—"

"Actually, it's not even one time. It was at least two".

"No, it wasn't!"

"The first time was with a toothbrush, the second was with a carrot. I will never forget the time you were able to beat a man with a carrot. Who does that?" Kavya added chuckling at the memory of a man brutally smacked with carrot.

She doesn't know if it's ruthless underworld blood running in her veins,  but her bae really had a knack for hurting people with random objects.

"In my defense, the carrot was freshly harvested and very hard!" Aisha pouted because she couldn't find a good way to defend herself.

"Sure it was, " Kavya chuckled, patting bae on the head. After the mood went back to normal, Kavya finally felt the pressing eyes boring a hole through her head.

She gulped, knowing exactly who it was. Kavya might've been able to fool her naive bae, but she knew she would never ne able to fool Veer Oberoi who blatantly knew the gun was real and very dangerous.

Merry Christmas 🌲🌲🌲❤❤❤ to all my Lovelies ......

Happy Winters🥶☃️❄