chapter29

Kavya didn't pay any attention to the obvious gossip that was about her. Instead she walked to pickup the nearest glass of wine from the server, but upon realizing her old habit, she immediately placed the glass back onto the waiter's tray.

She scolded herself for nearly reverting back to her old habits. She knew she needed to be sober, awake and conscious in this dangerous social gathering. So she walked away from the addicting drink and picked up a glass of grape juice. It wasn't her favorite fermented wine, but it was better than nothing.

Unlike what the people expected her to do, she walked into the center of the banquet. Everyone thought she would try to hide in the corner and pray she was unseen, but Kavya already felt the stares. Even if she did try to hide, it wouldn't work. So, she faced the harsh reality and braced herself for the exchange of insults and gossip.

With a gift box in hand, Kavya was walking like mountain filled of gifts. The minute she placed her gift box down, a group of girls walked towards her.

Kavya already heard the loud clatter of their heels when they approached her. She sighed, pinching the spot between her brows.

It was too early for drama to ensue! For goodness sakes, she had just arrived less than 5mins ago and people were already picking a fight with her?! Did these people have nothing better to do with their life?

"Humm, if it isn't the abandoned fiancee. I'm surprised you have guts to show up after all that has happened". A snarky voice said.

Kavya turned around and to no surprise, it was her old ex best friend. She nearly laughed at this betrayal.

Vaishali Mohan stood like a dignified woman with her arms crossed. She was surrounded by a posse of beautiful women that was low and middle-ranked socialites.

Kavya's eyes trailed over the haughty and confident women besides Vaishali. She near chuckled. These were the same women that Vaishali used to bad mouth when she was alone with Kavya.

"It seems all of the humiliation has made you dumb. You should answer when someone talks to you". One woman chided in, quick to support Vaishali.

Kavya stared at them, swirling her cup of juice like it was wine. Her smile was sweet, but her gaze was aloof and cold.

She was forever unbothered by their words. Growing up surrounded by beautiful roses filled with thorns had toughen her skin. Besides, she used to be throwing the insults. One who throw dirt should be prepared for a dirt bath.

"You really are shameless, showing up to leech money and frame from your sister!" Another woman added on, clearly not knowing her words.

Kavya leeching off of Kashti and Akhila? Wasn't it the other way around?

When a light giggle came from Kavya, the woman were taken back, but quickly composed themselves.

"See, Vaishali. She really has gone insane". A different women whispered to Vaishali who was observing Kavya's nonchalant face.

"Is that this the best you could do?" Kavya stood up straighter and placed her drink down. These women were so silly. Did they really think their words were powerfull and prickly? What a joke.

"What did you just say?!" The first woman who spoke up nearly lost it.

Kavya raised am amused brow, her lips tilting into a mischievous smirk. A small poke and she already angered? How pathetic.

"Oh, MY MY, Vaishali. I didn't think you would surround yourself with these useless womem who'd screan at first insult".Kavya laughed, clearly pointing out the fact that Vaishali had low-class to make friends with these women.

YOU--"

"Save it. Don't provoke someone you can't afford to offend". Kavya's eyes turned sharp and dark, revealing a certain clarity. She dropped the smile on her face which made her look deathly serious.

She was right, these women couldn't afford her. She might've fallen from grace, but Mahendra Rana as her backings, she could easily squash these women like flies.

Vaishali stiffened at the warning. Her friends exchanged wary and curious glances. See the hesitation and self-doubt on her friends, Vaishali felt incredibly embarrassed.

Vaishali was supposed to show on how much she has grown throughout the years she wanted to show who the leader was.

She used to leech off of Kavya's fame and was bullied for doing that. Now, she wanted to look like Kavya was the one that used to leech off her, even though everyone knew that was a lie.

Vaishali racked her brain to think of something to say. When she took a better glance at Kavya, her lips quirked up. That dress, it was the same one that Malika Dev was wearing.

"Oh, dear Kavya, I didn't think you were one to steal and copy someone else's dress. Isn't that the same one Malikw is currently wearing? Vaishali chuckled, gesturing to the stunning woman that had just strolled into the room with Armaan Kashyap not far behind her.

Kavya stiffened, her eyes opening slightly wider. What did she just say? Malika was here? Armaan had already arrived? And she was wearing the same dress as his beloved?

She felt her fingers itch to curl around something, so she picked up her glass of grape juice. Kavya reminded herself to not sway under these women's words.

One crack in her perfect wall, one flaw on her perfect expression, and these women would hound on it. If they saw her falter, she would be instantly teared down.

"You're quite the one to talk. Aren't you the one mimicking Malika's style?" Kavya lifted her fingers to brush away Vaishali's bangs.

"Same hair, same jewels, same style, you should try harder to hide it". Kavya chuckled. By deliberately touching Vaishali's hair she was bringing attention to the extremely familiar hair style that Malika had.

"Now that you mention it, Vaishali's style does look like Malika's housewife style" A woman whispered, startling Vaishali who face inflamed in embarrassment.

When the woman realized Vaishali had overheard her, she was quick to defend herself.

"Vaishali, I didn't mean to-"Kavya hurriedly made her escape.

She seized the chance of Vaishali and the women being distracted to find her escape. She glanced down at her dress and than toward the beautiful Malika who was wearing the same dress.

'Damm it! I knew it was too good to be true! She seethed inside of her head. She knew she should've doubted the dress the minute it was shipped to her.

No wonder why the dress was familiar, she saw it on TV! She cursed herself for not watching the TV channel. If only she wasn't browsing the TV, she might've caught onto this dress!

Kavya gritted her teeth and texted someone to bring her a quick change of attire. Busy with her phone, she had accidentally bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry-" Kavya's voice died down when she realized she had bumped into none other than Malika.

Mr. Billionaire's WifeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara