chapter43

The next day, Kavya received a text from her Dadu requesting her to go to his office. After getting dressed and skipping the breakfast, she made her way to Ahuja's corporation.

She stepped out of cab, dress into professional attire suitable for an executive meeting. When the wind blew, she immediately regretted the decision to do so. Her coat wasn't enough to cover the skin exposed by pencil skirt.

Not wanting to be cool any longer in this winter she hurriedly get into the lobby. In her haste, she didn't realize that a familiar Maybach was pulling upto entrance of the building at same time.

She swiped her keycard and made her way to the private elevator which garnered attention from some curious eyes.

The regular employees were used to seeing her walk around the building, but not many people knew what she did or who she was. Everytime they see her board the private elevator made for CEO, the Vice President and the company executive, they would question her position.

A few of them originally thought she was a mistress to one of the executives, but that idea was rejected. Inorder to have a private keycard, one must approach the CEO and ask her permission to nake a new one. And none of the executives were foolish enough to place a priority on a mistress.

The rest of them guessed she was probably the only female executive on board, that idea seems far fetched because she was rarely in the office.

Her identity to almost all of the workers were mystery.

When Kavya walked to her Dadu's office, she found it empty. One of his secretaries notified her that he was waiting for her in the private meeting room downstairs.

Kavya frowned at the location, but nonetheless, made her way there. Once she got to the board room, she found herself standing in the same room as many of the company executives.

On the edge of the round table was the regal and Majestic Mahendra Rana Ahuja whose composure was of an Old and wise Emperor.

To his left left was Vice President, Hitesh Solanki.

"Mujhe maaf kardi jiye mai late hogayi ( I apologize for my late entrance)."She said as she walked into the room.

Internally she was fuming. Her Dadu said her to arrive by 9:30am, but she came 30seconds early so technically, she wasn't late.

But why did she gave her wrong time? She figured it was because he wanted her to skip the boring introduction of the meetings and to arrive right when he needed her there.

Mahendra Rana always knew his princess would arrive atleast 30minutes than planned.

Everyone except Mahendra Rana and Hitesh Solanki was confused at the presence of this seemingly insignificant women. The presenters warely stares at her whereas the executives silently looks down on her. How could she arrive at such an important meeting 15minutes late?

"Sit here." Mahendra Rana gestured to her empty seats on his right.

Hitesh sensed her hesitation and encouraged her with a warm smile.

Kavya wasn't surprised to see the man who had no blood relation to her family yet, held the second the highest position in the company.

Unlike most families that passed the title of Vice President to their son or daughter, Mahendra Rana decided to give it ti the boy he raised as his own son. To him, none of his sons were worthy for holding such a major position aside from having a few shares in the company.

She walked to the seat while the presenters watch her every move until she sat down. When Mahendra Rana nodded for the presentation to resume, it finally to do so.