𝟳

𝗔𝗻𝗮𝗺𝗮𝗶𝗮 𝗦𝘆𝗺𝗮𝗻𝗶 𝗖𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗲
𝘈𝘵𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘢, 𝘎𝘦𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘪𝘢

"Anamaia." Rashad said dryly, making her look up from her coloring book.

"Yes?" She asked, watching as he mounted her 70-inch television on the wall. "I ain't no bad person." He told her.

She looked at him confusedly "I never even said that?" He shook his head "Man it's all in yo' face tho. You be acting scared round me, ian' gon do shit to you."

Oddly enough, Zion convinced his cousin to let them mount her TV. What she didn't know was that her cousin was lying about coming with Rashad.

Maia chewed the inside of her lip, she knew what he was talking about. "It's just cause in the hospital, you was so aggressive. You scared me really bad."

"I was scared myself tho. They telling me shit and I can't remember, they treating me like a lab rat. Ian' fuck with that shit." He spoke, never taking his eyes off what was in front of him.

"And they talking bout I overdosed, ian' no damn junkie you feel me. Somebody did that to me Anamaia. I swear i'm not no junkie." He explained.

"Why you going so hard bout dat? You don't do drugs assum?" She asked. "Can you stop doing that for a second?"

He turned around. "You asked me to mount da' TV didn't you?" He asked. She kissed her teeth "Y'all offered actually." She clarified. "It feel like i'm talking to a wall." She mumbled.

Reluctantly he stepped off the ladder, wiping his hands off on his pants. She patted the couch, directing him to where she wanted him to sit.

He pulled his hoodie over his face as he leaned back on the couch. "Know you finna ask my ass a million questions. Gon' lay em out."

A faint smile appeared on her face before she clasped her hands together. "Ok first, what even happened?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "Ion even know, you know more than me. Where the hell you even find me at?"

"Um, you know where that abandoned football stadium is downtown?" She asked.

He leaned his head back, quickly having an idea of where he could've been. "Well I was vlogging because I was spending a day in Atlanta and you was kinda laid out on some side steps." She said. "It look like you fell forward cause your head was touching the sidewalk." She mumbled.

"Looked like I was there for a minute?" He asked, she nodded her head as if he could see her. "All honesty, I thought you was dead. All the color was gone from yo' face. You looked pretty beat up Rashad."

"Damn." He mumbled looking straight ahead. She stared at the boy next to her, wondering what could be going through his mind.

"Is you' just gon' look at me or talk to me? I can get back to doin' what you asked me." He said.

"Can you stop being so rude? I'm thinking." She mumbled. While he was in the hospital she had a million things to ask him but now her mind was blank.

"Why you just preached so hard bout not being a junkie?" She asked straight-out.

He bit his cheek before sighing. "Cause don't nobody believe i'm not. Not even my sister. She think I overdosed on purpose but it's a million ways I would rather die."

Out of habit she touched his hand but instead of his idle movement he quickly snatched away.

"Sorry." She said quickly, sitting up straight in her spot. He looked away from her before putting his hands in his pockets.