Chapter 23

A/N: This is kind of messy, but I hope it makes sense. I finally have time to rest and just chill at home, so here's a word vomit.

A week has passed and Big just arrived at Kei's place. He was genuinely surprised when he was greeted by Macau, Vegas, Venice, and Kei. They welcomed him and told him that Adam would be explaining to him everything.

Big followed Adam as he explained how Kei likes things to be done along with where he's staying and who he'll be in the care of. He was assigned to protect Venice and will work under Kei alongside Justin.

Once Big is settled he is then told to meet Kei, he kind of looks forward to working under Kei but he can't help feeling wary of Vegas, years of being told that Vegas is the evil one can't be erased easily.

Big was led by Justin to Kei's office, where Kei is sitting on her couch with Venice while Vegas is behind her desk. He greeted the two politely and Justin left him with the both of them.

"Big! We've been waiting for you!" Kei said as she waved Venice's arms as if to wave at Big, "Did Justin show you your room?"

"Yes, Khun Kei"

"No need to call me Khun, Big. Just Kei" Kei said casually.

"Uh... yes, Kei."

"Well good, do you know what you'll be doing?"

"Yes, I'm assigned to Venice"

"That's right, but since Venice is still a baby, you'll be mostly working with me and Vegas when we're in the house, but when we're out, you'll be assigned to mostly focus on Venice"

"I understand"

"That's great, but Big?"

"Yes, Kei?"

"I hope you change your outfit... we don't do that here"

Big looks down at his suit, the clothing he's wearing is the result of years of being in the Theerapanyakun. They only have a set of clothes, their training outfit, and their suits. Big has no other clothing besides them and gave his life to them.

Kei saw how Big seemed to look at his outfit and looked a bit lost, she had an idea of what was going on in Big's mind, and she started cursing at the Theerapanyakun in her mind.

"Big, we're going out in about an hour and you're coming."

"Yes, Kei"

Vegas and Kei made sure everything they had to do was done before heading out. Big followed the two, bringing a backpack with Venice's stuff and a stroller, he could tell everything was recently purchased, so he made sure he knew how to use everything.

Once they arrived at a mall, Vegas and Kwalkedlks with Big and Venice following behind, with the youngest in his stroller gurgling away. They went restorers' stories, finding clothes for not only Venice and themselves but also Big.

The first time Kei made Big try on an outfit, he declined profusely and only relented after he got a taste of Kei's violence. She grabbed his wrist and twisted them, before pushing him to the changing room. Big didn't expect her to be that strong, and another thing he didn't expect was for Vegas to just watch her amusingly.

As they went from one shop to another, not only would Kei throw some outfits for him to try on but also Vegas, the two would then discuss which looked best on him before buying them for him.

Throughout the trip, Big was more than flustered, not only did he get spoiled by his bosses but also treated like a human and not a shield. He was grateful to them, and in that one trip, his image of Vegas changed.