thanksgiving

Mulai dari awal

"Should we go downstairs?" Moon asks, respecting Isaac's wishes, as she holds out her hand to him.

"Yeah" Isaac responds with a small smile as he holds her hand as he stands up and they both walk downstairs to see Erin awkwardly standing that the door.

"What are you doing here?" Moon asks Erin. Normally, Moon is very nice to people, but when it comes to Erin it's different. It's a long story to explain, but Moon and Erin have not talked to each other since Moon was eleven and Erin was twelve.

"Jackie invited me" Erin awkwardly says, glancing at Moon and Isaac's hands joined together "Is that okay?"

"I guess" Moon says, giving Erin a wary look before dragging Isaac into the dining area, where they let go of each others hand and go to sit in their seats opposite each other "This looks great" Moon says with a smile "Now which one is Alex's so I can avoid it?"

"Very funny, Moon" Alex says, sitting next to Moon as he rolls his eyes.

"Okay, guys, let's all have a seat" George says, catching the attention of everyone in the room "I thought before we dive in, why don't we go around the table and share what we're thankful for this year?"

"Cole, let's start with you" Katherine says to her son with a smile.

"Uh, I guess I'm grateful that the Broncos didn't actually wipe out this year" Cole says.

"I'm thankful for the long weekend and the chance to watch a bunch of movies" Danny says, making Moon silently agree.

"I'm just grateful I didn't have to cook today" Alex says, looking at Moon with a playful glare, knowing she hates his cooking "And you all should be too."

"I'm grateful for this family" Moon says to everyone on the table "I don't know what would have happened to me if you guys didn't take me in, so thank you."

"And we're all happy to have you here, Moon" George says to Moon with a smile.

"I'm grateful that I had a chance to find out more about the native day of mourning" Nathan tells the table.

"I don't feel like it" Lee quickly says, looking at everyone on the table, making things a little bit awkward.

"Well" Isaac says, trying to break the tension "I'm grateful, um, that the ladies love me for my charm and good looks" Isaac says, looking Moon right in the eyes "And we're both grateful to be apart of this family. Right, Lee?"

"And we love having you in it" Katherine says to the two Garcia children.

"I'm just grateful to be here" Erin says "Thank you for having me."

"I'm grateful for so many things" Hayley, Will's girlfriend, says "I mean, you guys, of course, but mostly Will. I should go" She says as she gets up.

"Of course, sweetie" Katherine says with a smile "Let me just pack up some of this cranberry-almond stuffing because it's Will's favourite."

"But Mom, we have to hear your turn" Parker says to Katherine.

"Gosh, there is so much to be thankful for" Katherine says "Just go ahead and eat before it gets cold."

"I mean, I won't complain" Moon says with a shrug before she starts eating her food.

As dinner went on, Richard started talking about New York. Moon wasn't really paying that much attention to him, really, she was just focusing on eating her food so she could go back to bed. "It's the coolest thing, right Jacks?" Richard says.

"What's it called?" Danny asks, being very attentive of the conversation.

"Manhattanhenge" Jackie answers.