Ayra understood but that didn't mean it didn't hurt a lot. She smiled tightly although he wasn't there. "I understand. You all should have a safe flight."

Ibtihaj's brow rose even higher and she looked at her best friend bewilderedly. Over the line a flight announcement was made before Ibrahim spoke. "That's our flight. Did we have any plans, sweetheart?"

"Nah." Her chest squeezed again and it was painful. "I just wanted to surprise you with dinner but we can reschedule."

"I'll make it up to you, Ayra. Once everything falls into place and my schedule's freer, I'll make it up to you."

"I'll look forward to that. Let me know when you land and be rest assured I'll watch the summit or at least get the highlights."

He laughed and it went to her heart, healing it. "I know you would. Stay safe, Ayra."

"You too. I love you."

"Like always, sweetheart, what else is there to feel? Say hi to Ibty for me."

"I will. Bye."

"Bye."

Ibtihaj opened her mouth once the phone was lowered but Ayra beat her to it. "Do you want to spend the week at my place, Ibty? I think I could use your company around."

Ibtihaj slammed her mouth shut and a moment passed before she sighed. "What's going on?"

"There's a tech summit and they can't miss it so they'll be away for a week." Her smile was small. "He's going to make it up to me once his schedule's free. I don't want to dwell on it so you better say that you'll stay with me throughout the week or I will kidnap you and make your grandparents pay ransom."

Ibtihaj laughed; she had to. "You've gotten better with your threats."

Ayra's smile widened and it turned sweet. "I learn well from you."

"And yes, my dear, I will spend the week with you. Who can say no to staying a week in Downtown Aomi? You'll have to drive me to the estate sha so I can pack my stuff."

Ayra nodded, rising to her feet. "Sure. I'll even use the opportunity to say hi to your parents and mine. It's been a while."

Ibtihaj stood too. "Are you okay, Ayra? Like, are you really okay or do you want me to go to Raven Isle to beat Oga Ibro?"

Ayra rolled her eyes, still smiling. "Ibty, I swear I'm fine. I'll be good as new by the time we're heading towards Plum Boulevard. And I told you not to call him that!"

Ibtihaj laughed, nodding. "Yes ma." She picked up her bag. "Let's go?"

Ayra nodded. "Yeah, let's go."

Like she promised, Ayra kept up with the summit and she could brag to anyone willing to listen that the Hexad Squad made one of the best presentations. Having Ibtihaj watch it with her made it even better and although Ibtihaj had a dislike for Tobi and his playboy ways, she couldn't deny the fact that he was a good presenter, standing on the stage with Ibrahim and Bella while Anneth and Jalal managed the transitions, graphics, and displays.

When the summit ended, she was so excited to prepare for their return – especially Ibrahim's – but they broke her heart by extending the trip by one more week because they had to have meetings with world known companies and individuals who had collaboration deals which were going to be very profitable to The Hexad. Not wanting to dwell on how disappointed and heartbroken she was, Ayra focused on starting her dissertation while Ibtihaj played the role of the caring best friend even though she wanted to get Ibrahim's head and slam it against the nearest wall.