Sleep time

//nyxolas pov//

I've never regretted anything more than when i told that man she was my wife. If it wasn't such a good alibi to travel unassumingly as a married couple, then maybe i would've dropped it. But we dont want people questioning us, so husband and wife it is.

Even though she thinks that it gives her right to be all touchy-feely. I know it's just to annoy me, but gods the self control its taking to not react.

I hate her for running away, again, im here to fucking help her not to kill her. Though she seems set on pitting herself in those positions.
As much as i hate her i cant think of her as "that annoying bitch" like i used to. It's harder to hate her, knowing what had happened to her. The scars on her back, the betrayal of her friend, or lover. All things i would talk to her about if i didn't think she would break down again. I complain about her being back to her usual self, but it's better than the shell of a human she was most of yesterday. I dont think she even remembers it.

Hours of her staring at the ceiling or sleeping. Hours of me worrying that she would try to harm herself because of the memories of the look on her face, when the man was going to kill her, haunting me. She looked as if she wanted it to happen. As if she wanted to die.
The thought makes me look at her with concern. She replies with a scowl.

Other than pretending to be my wife, in an all together inappropriate way, I've been met with scowls and little conversation. Any progress we had made the past few days had gone. I worry for what she went through before i arrived, what these men did to her. What Ethan did to her. Theia was kinder than me, i wouldve killed that man for his betrayal.

That's how i know she is still in there, I came across a man who was badly injured, wearing a tell tale cape of one of Atels assassins. She had let him go free, not without a warning, i assume. Theia remained within her. I looked at her while she surveyed the room, her chin tilted downwards, hair falling from behind her ears, which framed her face perfectly. Theia is still in there, somewhere.

After we finished food, i let her lead me to the room she had gotten. It boasts a huge bed, bathing room, and even a sofa. I automatically walk towards said sofa and place my small bag of belongings on top, judging how comfortable it would be. It was comically small. Smaller than the sofa i had slept on the last few nights but Theia seems to want to be as far away from me as possible, and i wouldnt want to push her boundaries more than i already am by being here.

She had locked herself in the bathing room the second she came in, muttering something about wanting a bath. If space is what will help her return to normal, then space is what I'll give her. Even though i am in terrible need of a bath myself.

//Theai's pov//

I shut and lock the door behind me and lean against it. That sonofabitch followed me here, made me pretend to be his wife, ate some of my food and is now staying in my room.
Part of me gets excited about the idea of him staying in my room, but rational thoughts squish that feeling down in an instant.

No getting close.
I started to run the bath with scalding hot water, the main reason i chose a more luxurious room.

It's hard to forget how kind he has been to me. Yes, he is only looking after me so that i can bring his people power, but he is forced to care. Forced not to kill me. So maybe I can trust him?

So was Ethan. You trusted Ethan.

I wonder whether his neck wound healed, i worry for him, and i hate that. I hate that i still care.
I submerge my entire body underwater, distracting myself with the fuzzy feeling the warm water meeting my cold skin causes. I scrub at my skin, avoiding the scars and bruises that litter it.