Chapter 73 - First Night [side story]

The village of El Ragneil was built around the singular Elandos. After they left this continent, the base they had built before had long since crumbled.

While the wizard Helkainis and the alchemist Enciertes quickly restored their home, Jiwoo had drifted off into a long slumber.

She slept very comfortably for a long time, catching up to a good night’s sleep that she couldn’t get while struggling here.

Sometimes, when she opened her eyes, she ate the food they prepared and went back to sleep. When she asked someone to sleep, they would hug her and literally sleep by each other’s sides. She even dreamed about the nice scent from them and the hands that gently stroked her back.

After interacting with Elandos, she felt like she was floating in the sky. That exhilarating yet comfortable feeling was enough to relieve the tension in her whole body.

As the strange elation faded, Jiwoo woke up.

Then the preparations for the wedding began, such as making the dress and choosing the color and shape of the jewels. All decisions were guided by a group of people represented by Callandein.

It was a relaxed yet busy and strange daily life.

Considering how long they had lived, everyone had their own talents, so they made all the dresses and jewelry themselves.

It didn’t even take long. Time passed like water just by watching them.

At first, she was very shy, but now Jiwoo has permeated the crowd a lot. In addition to the five she had become close with, she was gradually getting closer with the others as well.

“Seo Jiwoo.”

It seemed that Helka’s work, which was working hard to rebuild the village, had been sorted out to some extent. He brought other people in front of Jiwoo, who was preparing for the wedding, and introduced them.

“I’m sorry that you’re busy. Can I talk to you for a minute?”

“No, I’m not busy.”

Looking back, there were other groups of the other race who didn’t have much interest in Jiwoo until they crossed the continent. They hesitated and wanted to talk to her, but they didn’t approach her easily.

Jiwoo seemed to know what they wanted before they even opened their mouths.

“Um… I can go out for a while? I’ve picked all I can choose from, and I think I can leave the rest entirely to Callan.”

Callan, who was next to her, quickly realized what Jiwoo wanted.

“Are you going to treat the other Elandos as well?”

“I’m going to try.”

If Jiwoo had shed blood to heal Elandos or was sacrificing her life, she would have hesitated. She had no intention of helping others by sacrificing herself.

But there was something she couldn’t easily forget. When she put her hand on the withered tree to heal this group’s Elandos, it felt as if her body had become a tree and was in communion with a part of nature.

She was basked in a feeling of exhilaration, as though she was freed from the frame of her body and scattered in the world—as though she was freed from the restraints of her body and had flown away. It was a sense of joy that could not be described merely as pleasure.

Jiwoo looked down at her hand, recalling her feelings at that time.

When she looked up, the people’s expressions, including Helka, weren’t very good. He was smiling, but he didn’t look very happy.