Chapter 38

Enciertes’ pale face was now beautifully colored. With his cheeks and lips flushed with excitement, he licked every bit of his smooth hand with his vividly red tongue.

Perhaps that was not enough, when he stroked Jiwoo’s waist and kissed her on her lower belly.

Knock, knock, knock.

Someone knocked on the lab door.

Jiwoo’s shoulders shook as if she had been caught doing something bad. Enci, who didn’t care about that, ignored the voice and lowered his lips.

Knock, knock, knock.

After a while, the knocking continued again.

“Someone must be here.”

As Jiwoo tried to stand up, Enci grabbed her by the shoulders.

“…You don’t have to go out.”

“They’ll be waiting. We don’t even know what’s going on.”

Jiwoo pushed away Enci, who was trying to hug her, and stood up. She quickly adjusted her clothes. It wasn’t difficult because she wasn’t completely naked.

After arranging her disheveled hair and shirt more neatly, she opened the outer door.

Two people stood outside the door.

Silver hair tinged with the light of the sky and silver hair tinged with sunlight. The two, who resembled brothers, were Lanceil and Tevon.

Right after Lanceil saw Jiwoo, he smiled brightly and held out a basket.

“I heard about it, but you didn’t come back even though it was so late today, so I came to see you.”

“Ah… it’s already this time.”

The sun began to set, and the sky turned red. Lanceil and Tevon’s pale hair was dyed in the glow of the sunset.

“Take this first. You’ll be hungry.”

“Thank you.”

When she received it and looked inside the basket, she saw bread, fruit, and cookies that she could eat lightly.

Judging by the wafting smell, it seemed that it was not just bread. But bread filled with meat. The scarlet liquid in the clear glass bottle appeared to be fruit juice.

Ever since Helkainis came, she had been completely out of her mind and had not even touched water, let alone food. When she saw the food, she realized that she was hungry. Lanceil lightly kissed Jiwoo on the cheek while handing over the food basket.

It was an act of selfless love, but somehow it made her feel like she was doing something bad over Lanceil, and a corner of her heart felt prickled.

She felt even more so because Tevon glanced this way and inward.

“Oh, I have nothing to give you…”

Tevon trailed off and held out something hidden behind him.

It was a pink flower she had never seen. The flower buds as big as fists were blooming, but the petals were large and few, so they looked sophisticated. The strong scent was like a rose, so she liked it.

As Jiwoo accepted, her face blushed. Her chest tickled too much.

“Thank you.”

“If you like it, can I do it too, then?”

“Ah.”

When Jiwoo nodded, Tevon lowered his head and kissed Jiwoo on the lips, not on the cheek.

Although the location was different, it was not much different from what Lanceil had done to her cheek. Jiwoo glanced at Lanceil, but he smiled as if nothing had happened.