Chapter 3

"You promised to clarify my doubt, and now I can't bottle up my thoughts within me." She desperately asked him.

He sighed by listening her blabbering for past few minutes and not listening to him. His eye narrowed into sharp point.

"I didn't reject anything. I called off my wedding because my would to be wife was cheating me in business. There was an unknown spy who was leaking my company's information and I was tracking them down. In this process I discovered that the spy is none other than the woman I was going to marry." He stated the reason.

She felt bad for him, but he seems to be unaffected by the betrayal , as he continued to the morning incident.

"Now, I need a bride urgently"he said.

"What?" She was utterly shocked by his statement.

"I understand that you called off your wedding, but why would you need a bride urgently right after that, so urgent that you have to show up at two am in the morning and you even can't wait for a day? This is something I don't under-"

"Miss Sharma" he cut her off in the mid way and intensely looking at her. She's trying hard to understand the situation going on.

"Let me be frank with you as we both are going to work together on this in near future. And I believe transparency in business..."

Business? What was he talking about? Ruhani was fully confused, shocked and she was trying  to understand the situation.

"I want my father to pass me the CEO position. Although he knew that it belongs to me and I have the right to be there because I built it. But you know Miss Sharma, sometimes parents can be like this. He wants me to get married before becoming the CEO. Although I don't have any plan or desire of getting married but still I have to. I have waited for this long and now I can't wait anymore. That's why I want you to be my wife"

There was a purely and absolute silence after what Abhay says. Ruhani was trying to process everything  she had just heard. She knew that he was cold and calculative. But now it seemed he was utterly insane also. She was in disbelief of what she heard.

"Are you saying that you are only marring me to grow your wealth and position" she stated, hardly believing her own words, wondering if she had heard something wrong.

"To claim what's mine. But you can think whatever you want" he appeared calm and composed, as if proposing marriage to a young woman at the middle of the night is as casual as he's dealing a business ,was a routine for him.

However his eyes hold a clever predatory vibe, like a wolf who's waiting for her lamp to enter his den.

"You. Are. Ridiculous" finally she utter  her words in disbelief.

"You are rather being melodramatic" he stated in a calm tone.

Ruhani felt anger building inside her, her head is spinning.

"So you wants me to be thrilled that my soon-to-be husband is going to use me to secure his position in his family business, and he doesn't have any desire for marriage, specially not to me." She stated, her anger in now taking control on her. She's becoming furious.

Abhay try to explain his plan calmly.
"I don't have any intention to sabotaging your future, Miss Sharma. And that's why we'll only be married couples for two years. I'm confident that I can achieve my goals with a half a year, but to make our divorce seems natural for our families we need time. And after that our paths will be different for each other as we both know we are not compatible for each other. And also I have no interest in you."

She was overwhelmed by shock, anger and insult. What did he think of himself huhh!! She stand up from where she was sitting and stand in front of him.

"This is fucking absurd". She rise her voice. Now she doesn't care if her voice go out of the study room. The man who was sitting in front of her is testing her patience level. And now it has crossed it's limit.

"This is fucking nonsense. You are treating a marriage like a business transaction, trying to deceive your own family and forcing me to do the same to mine." She was burning in anger and his words only putting more fuel into the situation.

"Language. Language, Miss Sharma." This man is unbelievable. And now he's getting on her nerves.

"Fuck you."

She had enough. She's no longer willing to give respect and courtesy to that ridiculous man who's sitting in front of her. She's now tried of respecting this cocky and arrogant man. He has crossed all his limits.

"And fuck your proposal. I'm done, and I never want to see your face again."

Without wasting time, she turns towards the door to get out of that room and to never see his face. But Abhay's deep voice make her stop in the middle before reaching the door.

"Very well then. I hope you'll not come to me when you'll find your family, specially your parents in jail."

She was again welcomed by shock, her stomach sank by the each and every details of words he say.

She turns herself towards him and ask in a shuttering voice

"wha- what did you just say" she asked him not believing what she heard just now.

He settled himself comfortably on the couch, regaining his perfectly posture and taking out the document from his coat and placing it on the table present infront of him, opening the file.

"This was the amount of debt you father own from my family. And it's clearly mentioned and signed by him. He sighed to return every single penny before the enlisted late, and the date has already gone now. And as a family member I have my rights to take legal action towards him." this was enough for him to triggered her.

She was really in shock, disbelief that he can be this ruthless. Anger rippled through her and she stormed towards him. She was thinking to grab his perfectly set hair in her hand and smash his head on the table and then grab the vessel which was present in the table and smashed that on his overconfident face.

"You, really an asswhole." She snapped. "This is blackma-"

He cut her off in the midway.

"I know". He showed no embarassment and maintained his composer as fine as ever, further fueling her anger.

"See I didn't wanted to drag this, but you left no option for me. So I have to do this"

To be continued....

Hello readers!! This is another chapter. I hope you enjoyed your reading. Guys please vote, I noticed that the views are increasing and many of you are adding this on your reading list but not the votes. It's really hard to manage writing with studies but still we writers are doing that just for you guys. You guys only have to support us, vote the story. It really motivate us to write more for you guys.
And also do follow me on Instagram, link in the bio.

Lots of love 🫶