Eight

(No specific POV)

Harry didn't realize that every time he was in an interview or conversation thinking to himself about Taylor, Louis thought about Harry the same way. He wouldn't ruin anything. Louis had deep down waited for this moment for years now.

Harry quickly stepped forward, his hands making contact with Louis cheeks, and his lips crashed against Louis'.

Louis jolted in shock, but Harry took this as a negative sign and pulled away panicking.

"Oh no, Louis, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to do that- I don't even know what happened." Harry rambled, backing away.

"Haz," Louis spoke, grabbing Harry's arm before pulling him back. He leaned in and reconnected their lips. Harry immediately relaxed, leaning in as well and returning the kiss. Louis hands moved to Harry's neck and snaked behind. They both slowly began to sneak onto the bed, and before either of them knew it, Louis was basically sitting on top of Harry's stomach, straddling him as he came up for air every few seconds. Neither of them could fully fathom what was even happening right now, but they decided to push that for later. Right now all that mattered was this. Them. Together. On Harry's hotel bed that a few nights ago, he drunkenly fucked another man who he now was broken up with.

Harry began to unbutton his shirt, panting every second he could get a breath or two in. Louis pushed Harry's hands down, stopping him from undressing.

"Not yet." He whispered to him. Harry nodded, catching his breath as Louis climbed off of him and laid down next to the boy.

"What just happened..?" He laughed. They both didn't know exactly how to feel.

"I don't know," Harry giggled. He looked at the ceiling trying to gather his thoughts. "I think I like you but- I don't know how to make this work, or how to not make you feel like a rebound because I promise that isn't what this is."

"I know, don't worry." He smiled. He was overjoyed. The boy he's been in love with just made out with him. "I like you too, Harry. I have for a while now. I'm honestly shocked you didn't notice. I didn't even know you were gay either- or whatever you identify as."

"I think I'm bi, but I'm not 100% sure yet. And to be fair I didn't realize until a few months ago, before I started dating Taylor." He turned over onto his side to look at Louis. Harry felt so content with himself, he didn't want the moment to end. "And I found out last night that you felt the same. At least I think so. After you kissed my forehead, I don't think theres anything gayer than that." He cackled at his own joke.

"You were awake?? I thought you were dead asleep!" Louis laughed as he turned over to match Harry's gaze. "And don't you make fun of me. I just helped you clean, didn't I?"

"Alright, alright fine." Harry rolled his eyes. "I just don't know what to do. I don't want to hurt you. I want this to work but I also don't know if I'm even mentally ready yet. I just.. did that and I'm not even sure how I feel yet." Harry sighed.

"Hey, It's okay." Louis smiled, grabbing Harry's chin and gently pulling it up for him to look at him. "I'll be waiting for you no matter what. I promise. Take however much time you need."

Harry stared into his eyes, smiling. He almost wanted to cry. He was so overwhelmed with joy and love for this man, he didn't know what to do. Until there was a knock at the door.

*knock knock*

"Fuck." Harry whispered, scrambling out of bed. "Cover yourself with a blanket or something." Harry said frantically, his heart racing.

"You alright there, Harry?" He heard a voice ask from behind the door.

"Yep- I'll be out in a sec." He called, trying his best to convincingly cover Louis before walking over to the door and opening it. "What's up?" He said to Zayn who was stood at the door.

"I just wanted to let you know we're leaving in about 20 minutes. But uhm- have you seen Louis? He isn't answering his door. I'm a bit worried about him." Zayn spoke softly, glancing around behind Harry for any sight of Louis.

"No, I haven't. I'm sure he's fine though. Maybe he's out or something?" Harry lied, trying to divert the subject a bit.

"Maybe, I'll try checking again. Thanks, Harry." Zayn smiled at him before walking back down the hallway. Harry shut the door with a sigh of relief, resting his head on it once it was closed. He felt a hand on his shoulder. He should've jumped from the sudden contact, but it wasn't something that startled him oddly. He felt comfortable with it.

"I'll try and sneak back to my room, k?" Louis whispered from behind him, his breath just barely grazing Harry's neck, making him shiver.

"Alright." He turned to face the boy,  smiling. He knew this was only the start of a long, chaotic journey but he was ready for it. He wanted to put himself to the test. He was willing to do everything he could to be able to have the boy he wanted. He kissed Louis again, letting it last just the slightest bit longer than it should. Enough to make the boy question. "See you." He smiled, pulling back and stepping out of the way of the door.