8| Touch

Reid

I hate when people touch me.

Their hands on my skin feels like hairy spiders slowly crawling up.

I get irritated, cold, and disgusting memories seep through my mind.

I don't enjoy anyones touch.

Except from her.

I crave her touch. She's my medicine. My healer.

I found out when we were little that she's the only person who would hold my hand and I won't want to let go.

She's the only person I ever initiate a touch with. The only person I long to touch me.

Laura

And now as I watch her walk round the kitchen cooking God knows what, all I can think of is touching her.

I'd be satisfied just holding her hand. Fuck, even holding her finger would calm my nerves.

I thought after so many years apart whatever juju shit she had on me would have worn off and I'd hate her touch just like everybody else's.

But last night proved me wrong. And I'm happy it did.

I had a nightmare. It's a normal occurrence but the effect of it never changes.

The fear. The bone shaking fear that you're back to the hell you escaped.

I normally handle them well on my own. That's if you consider shaking and panting until your brain comes back to reality or passing out or just not sleeping for days, handling well.

But yesterday she was awake. Just like when we were kids. Awake sharing nightmares.

Last night was the fastest I've ever calmed down in my entire life, the quickest my body has responded and relaxed.

Just from her touch, just from her presence, just from the feeling and awareness that she was there and I wasn't alone. I wasn't drowning. I was going to be okay.

Laura. Laura. Laura.

At this point I believe she can fix practically any malfuntion in my system just by holding me, her soft hands through my hair gently drawing me back to reality and calming my nerves. Her touch.

Cradling my head in her hands, whispering everything I didn't know I needed to hear and didn't have any one to tell me. Until her.

She's still wearing my sweater, looking as adorable as ever as she walks round my kitchen.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

The sight of her is doing things to my heart that I don't think is healthy.

"Reid?" She asks, her voice so soft and so soothing. My entire body relaxed just hearing it.

I hum in response, my gaze never leaving her.

A blush crawls up her cheek when she realises I've been staring at her and she looks down, pulling on the sleeves in that adorable way that has me cooing.

"Can you-"

"Yes," I cut her off, already making my way to her.

The shock that fills her face eventually melts into a heart warming smile as I stand in front of her, fighting every urge in me to draw her closer into my arms.

She's staring at me, smiling and shaking her head.

She doesn't know the lengths I'd go for her without her even asking.

"Reid,you don't even know what I want to ask," She says, her diamond blue eyes twinkling with humor.

She's smiling, her cheeks pink and looking like the cutest, prettiest human being in the world.