2| Reunion

Reid

"You guys need to shut the fuck up."

There was silence for about three seconds before the two idiots kept on talking."

"I can't believe she's actually coming! And all on her own! Our baby sister is all grown up."

"No, she isn't! She's still like 12! I can't believe Mum and Dad let her come here alone."

"She's 22 Edo."

"So? 12, 22, same dif. She could still die."

It took all that was in me not to pull out my gun and shoot the fuckers.

They've been talking about Laura for almost an hour now and it's starting to get on my nerves.

I may not fully understand the joy of reuniting with your sibling but still. for fucks sake, can they shut up for a second or at least stop talking about her like she's five.

I lean my head back against the leather couch, deciding to block their stupid voices out since they obviously won't shut up.

What even inspired me to agree to this? I can barely tolerate one of them in my house talk less of the two and now a sister.

I'm not that worried about Laura though. From what I remember, she's quiet. But then again, that was twelve years ago, anyone can change during that time.

"We have to hide all the alcohol just in case she thinks it's some kind of sparkly water," Edo said, looking around the living room as though I'd hide alcohol inside the fucking T.V

I sigh, and rake my hand through my dark brown, slightly overgrown, hair, wishing that murder wasn't such a big crime.

Pulling a cigarette out of my pocket, I'm about to light it up before a pillow flies across the room, hitting my face and successfully causing me to lose my hold on the bud, throwing it to the floor.

I glare at Edo and he glares right back at me.

"Don't smoke that shit here! The toxins could kill her!" Edo says, striding towards me and picking it up before quickly scurrying away, fast enough to dodge my foot from going up his ass.

"Edo, you're treating her like a child. She's 22." Marc says, rolling his eyes at his brother.

Edo scoffs at him, staring back at him like he's looking at a madman. "So the fuck what? Even a thirty-year-old can die of cancer, you idiot."

Realization seems to dawn on Marc and he turns to glare at me. "What the fuck man?"

I look at the two of them, trying to remember how they became my so-called best friends in the first place. Then I realize I can't remember and they're starting to piss me off to the point that I don't give a fuck anymore.

"Get the hell out of my house," I say as calmly as possible. 

They both pause, their glares faltering as they stare at me.

Then Marc begins the plea he's been saying for the past hour every time I tell them to get out.

"Come on man. She's our little sister. You remember how sensitive she is. We can't take risks this time and your crib is like the safest place in the whole city. You know how she is."

I roll my eyes. At least he didn't add the 'you're our best friend and you know we'd do the same for you.' trick.

They both know I can't kick them out even if I really wanted to and given it was another situation they would have just rolled their eyes at my command and continued bickering.