special chapter | first date

Kainis, pogi talaga.

Anjo can't stop ogling.

Kasi nakakainis talaga. Mas pogi pa siya now that they're meeting outside of their work. Akalain mo 'yon? May mas ikale-level up pa pala ang face card ni pochi?!

Ang sexy tingnan. Clean. Walking heart throb na tipong headturner. Parang pang long-term jowa talaga but 'di nga kasi pwede.

Kasi nga ayaw sa kanya. Ito nga yung purpose ng date today, hello? For closure sa kanilang dalawa.

Because for whatever reason, since his rejection, he also started getting awkward around her. Parang nagi-guilty na ni-reject siya. If she's the type to read into things too much, she can even say he's probably regretting turning her away.

Pero 'di siya gano'n.

She doesn't overthink and she's not the type to put any other meaning to what's already been said. That's what made her life easier all these years. Iwas mental gymnastics. Iwas stress.

And she'll keep doing that kahit pa type na type niya 'tong si padre.

Pogi lang kasi talaga, nakakainis.

Ewan niya nga ba. Ba't nga ba kuhang-kuha siya nito? This isn't even the first time she's gone out on a date with a guy she's attracted to. If she'd want to be specific nga, she can no longer count on her two hands combined how many times she's dated popular and handsome guys since college days.

Wala naman kasing scarcity ng pogi sa Intersci and nearby places, 'no?

Kay Javee pa lang, solved na siya sa mga kapatid at pinsan. Imagine, nine hot boys with good breeding and high caliber. De Villa pa. Scions of the top of the top.

Not that she dated any of them. Bad 'yon.

She can't date within her own friends' sphere. Bro code.

But she can date within her own sphere. Which is why she asked Xavi out.

Kasi gusto niya ma-experience.

Kasi gusto niya rin ma-gets ba't nga ba ang lala ng attraction niya dito.

Dahil ba pogi?

O mabait?

Or both?

The end goal is to move on from him after this pero parang — shet — mahihirapan yata siya.

Ngayon lang kasi siya nakipag-date nang ganito ka-wholesome.

For the first time, someone's taken her out on a nice and decent date. 'Di yung obvious na hook-up lang ang habol after. Though that's nice and all, and she's usually after that too, but Xavi exceeded her expectations.

Guess she expected that from him din. This baby boy is way too nice and respectful talaga.

It shows even in his movie selection.

And etiquette.

Pumili ba naman ng rom-com film, something he said he doesn't normally watch but he did anyway because he thought she might want it. And inside the cinema, manhid na lang 'di makakaramdam ng tension between them. And since she's not one to shy away from a challenge, she pushes the line even more.

Wala naman siyang ine-expect when she leaned against his shoulders. Gusto niya lang sulitin yung pagiging mag-jowa nila. What she doesn't expect is Xavi's response. Lokong 'to. May tinatagong harot din.

Impit niyang pinigilan yung kilig when he snaked an arm around her shoulders. Lalo siyang hinilig palapit sa chest — and shucks. Ano bang pabango nito?