Chapter 13 - A Year Apart

One Year Ago - The Enchanted Forest

You would think I would be a mess having just left my parents behind after being ripped to this land away from my twin sister and nephew but that was far from the case. 

You see, being alone was something I was used to, it was the family aspect of it all that was confusing to me. Considering my not-family set the example of putting each other down rather than raising each other up, could you blame me? 

Plus, I wasn't totally alone, I had a very handsome pirate in my corner. (Actually, right behind me, we were still on the horse on our way to try and find the Jolly Roger, so our proximity was very close indeed). 

Come to think of it, the pirate seemed to be more concerned with my lack of devastation than I did. When he finally voiced his concerns I told him now that we were off on our own adventure there was going to be plenty of time to get into my feelings, my story, and my past; I'd answer any questions he had, but all our focus needed to be on locating the Jolly Roger first. We couldn't do anything until we had his ship back, so that's where all my focus was being funneled into. That seemed to satisfy him, at least for now, but he insisted we (I) talk about it sooner rather than later. I agreed with no real intentions of following through, at least not until the Jolly Roger was secured, then I would reconsider. 

Was it the healthiest way to cope? Probably not, but it's what I do in a crisis and this, dear readers, was a crisis. 

Present Day - Storybrooke

Emma got a room at Granny's B&B and put Henry to bed. Our parents, Hook, and I all sat downstairs and waited for her, asking how I had escaped the curse, and what happened to me in the last year, but I just told them to wait for Emma and we'd all talk together. Once she was done with Henry she met us downstairs and we talked by the fire. 

According to our parents, the last thing they remember was saying goodbye to Emma as she and Henry crossed the town line, everything going black, and then waking up in their beds like it was another day in Storybrooke. The only reason they knew so much time had passed was because Snow was very pregnant, probably ready to give birth in a few weeks. Killian and I were able to fill in some of the missing information, confirming that we had all gone back to the Enchanted Forest, Hook and I had gone off to find the Jolly Roger, and the last we had seen of them they were heading to Regina's castle. 

Everyone seemed shocked I had run off with Hook and lived a pirate's life away from our family the entire year. I explained that I had been angry with them for abandoning Emma and Henry the way they did, completely giving up hope and trying to urge me to do the same. I told them I was glad I hadn't listened, now that we were all back together again, memory issues notwithstanding. Snow seemed surprised we didn't talk and I admitted that we hadn't shared much correspondence in the missing year, and I refused to listen to anyone speaking of the returned royals that were now back in the Enchanted Forest, not wanting anything to distract me from my mission to reunite our family. 

Hook and I told them all that a few weeks back a bird had landed on the ship with a note and a potion telling us to get Emma and get her back to Storybrooke and we'd assumed it had been from them. Who else would have sent a bird with a message and a potion with the ability to restore memories? 

Leroy came in and told us they had lost another dwarf and were now down to four, which was when our parents informed us that it wasn't just memories that were missing but people, too. Since waking up here people were being picked off one by one. Emma asked after Neal but according to David it was hard keeping track of everyone since they had returned, but there was no sign of Neal yet. Emma planned to figure out who took everyone's memories, and with nothing left to contribute Killian and I decided to leave and go back to my old apartment, to see if it was even there.