𝟬𝟮𝟰 you drew stars around my scars

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR:YOU DREW STARS AROUND MY SCARS

YOU DREW STARS AROUND MY SCARS

( tw! mentions of assault & self-harm )

🥀🖤

   WHEN THEY ARRIVED back at Alexandria, Melanie knew it wasn't going to be good. As they walked in, people started to stare and you could practically feel the tensions rising. Not only was Rick not back yet but Negan was deciding to make himself at home as he waited for Rick, even ordering Olivia to fetch him powdered lemonade and ingredients to make spaghetti. Melanie had tried to get out of it but Negan was persistent and requested for Melanie to stay, even said she could invite her sister but Melanie didn't want to involve her sister in something that could potentially be dangerous. That didn't stop Margot from marching over to the Grimes's front porch upon seeing Melanie return with Carl and Negan.

   Melanie immediately ran out of the house before her sister could threaten or yell at Negan. Instead, Margot yelled at Melanie as she got to the bottom of the porch, "Where the hell have you been?"

   Melanie could hear Negan snicker behind her as he opened the front door and watched the two sisters. Before Melanie could answer, Negan spoke up, "Oh, Melanie and Carl decided they missed me too much so they paid me a visit. Killed two of my men to do it."

   Margot looked back at Melanie with wide eyes, "What the fuck?"

   "Margot —"

   "What the fuck, Mel?" Margot asked once more.

   Melanie shook her head and stepped closer to Margot, leaning into her, "I'm sorry, I will explain everything later, I promise. He wants me to stay while he waits for Rick."

   Margot let out a shaky breath as she looked back at Negan who just waved at her and stepped back inside the home. She looked back at Melanie and gave her a worried look. Melanie stepped back and nodded at Margot, trying to tell her that she was okay. Margot sighed and walked away from her, going back to her house. Melanie watched as she went back inside but stood watching at the window. Melanie sighed in relief as Margot let her deal with Negan with Carl.

   Alexandria was already running low on food among everything else but Negan didn't seem to care as he stood in the kitchen. He stirred the sauce, which Melanie hated to admit smelled really good. Carl was making homemade biscuits and looking angry about it. Melanie grabbed plates and silverware and started to set the table. Carl was still refusing to look at Melanie. There would be glances here and there but otherwise, his face would stay down unless he was glaring at Negan.

   Olivia came back inside with the powdered lemonade which Negan was very happy about it. Negan finished up the spaghetti before ordering Carl to put it in a large bowl. Negan wanted Melanie, Carl, and Olivia to serve him in Carl's own home. Melanie hated it and she didn't understand why he wanted her to join them. Melanie thought it might be because Negan knew that Carl cared about her and maybe he knew that Melanie cared about Carl. Melanie thought he might even know that she was in love with Carl.