𝟬𝟮𝟮 let the ultraviolet cover me up

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO:LET THE ULTRAVIOLET COVER ME UP

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO:
LET THE ULTRAVIOLET COVER ME UP

🥀🖤

WHEN RICK APPROACHED Melanie about going on a run to look for supplies, Melanie jumped at the opportunity. She needed something to do besides sit around her bedroom that no longer had a bed, and instead was just a few blankets and a couple of pillows on the ground, thanks to the Saviors. She needed to be away from the walls of Alexandria for just a few days. And Rick trusted Melanie. He knew that she was a good person and could handle herself outside and inside the walls of Alexandria. Unbeknownst to Melanie, Carl had talked about her a lot and told Rick a little bit about her and how she had been through some of the same things that he had, and then some. Rick had also gotten to know Melanie better due to how much she had been helping out since he had gotten shot. Rick could also tell that Melanie and Carl were getting very close, so he wanted to get to know her even more.

So, Rick invited Melanie on the run that would last for a few days. Melanie had come over to Rick's house with a packed bag, ready to leave. When Melanie arrived, Rick had explained that he was trying to get Carl to come on the run but he seemed deadset on staying in Alexandria. Melanie knew that Carl was very angry about several things, Negan being the main one at the moment, so Melanie understood why Carl would feel like wallowing but Melanie didn't think that was a good idea.

Melanie, Rick, Michonne, and Aaron all entered Carl's bedroom. His bed had also been taken so there was just a blanket and pillows on the ground. Carl was doing one of his physical therapy exercises, throwing darts. Melanie watched as Carl kept missing the dartboard completely, due to his bad depth perception since getting shot.

"You should come with us," Rick tried to convince Carl.

   "Someone's got to be here for Judith," Carl argued. Melanie sighed, knowing that Carl knew that there were good people who would help to watch Judith.

   "There's people who want to help," Rick reminded him. Melanie stood beside Rick as Carl continued to ignore his father, throwing his darts that he kept missing. Melanie frowned anytime he missed, knowing that it wasn't helping with his anger. "We'll only be gone a few days at the most. We need supplies. They're gonna be coming back soon."

   "Is this how it's gonna be now?" Carl snapped.

   "Yes," Rick responded, nodding. Carl sighed and shook his head. Melanie understood Carl's anger completely but she was trying not to let it get to her, unlike Carl. She knew that if she let it get to her too much it would affect her even more and she figured that it was exactly what Negan wanted. "It is. You know that."

   Carl walked over to his dartboard and pulled the darts off the closet door, "See you in a few days."

   Rick sighed then looked back at Melanie, "Melanie is coming."