4.

Taehyung had thought of love as a very poetic feeling from a young age. To him, love was boundless as the sky and deeper than any ocean to exist. According to him, love of all kinds, in every relationship, was supposed to be pure and heartfelt, an angel's song and hell's desperate cry.

Growing up, he had realised that not everyone had similar views. Love was bound to money, it was bound to age, it was bound to capability, it was bound to gender. Love had a number of restrictions which were required to be followed by all in order to be accepted in their society. Taehyung never understood why. Who gave people the right to decide what is the right kind of love? Who gave them the right to decide whom one should love? Who gave them the power to tie love in pathetic humanly beliefs and restrict it? Love is seamless, it is boundless, it is limitless. 

He had countless questions and objections, but never found enough courage to look for answers. Years later when he had realised that he too was an outcast, an individual who was attracted to the same gender, who was ready to commit the sin of breaking the human rules, he had decided to come out to his parents. The possibility of a negative reaction had scared him, but he knew he would never be sorry for who he was. He was him, and he was proud. Taehyung soon realised he had been blessed with the most understanding and loving parents, who never once tried to change him. Another year later, he had come out to his closest friends, who had accepted him wholeheartedly with open arms.

Yes, they had all been worried, for he was an idol and had an image to maintain, but then someone had wound him in such a manner he couldn't bear lying to the world anymore. That month, he had come out to the world. He had announced to the world that he was a homosexual, that he was gay. The following months had been the most difficult months of his life, with his company almost kicking him out, his fans turning their backs on him, media following him everywhere, people making disgusting assumptions about him, his fame and his character being stomped upon by homophobes, and hate comments and death threats always finding their way to him.

His parents and friends had stood by him then, two of them coming out at the same time to show the world that Taehyung was not the only one, that homosexuality was infact very common and very normal. Things had went downhill, and they were all dragged through dirt, but Taehyung and his friends had built their empire from every speck of dust once again, rising up to fame in no more than a year's time.

He had realised that he would never find such people in his life again, and come what may, he would always protect them no matter what the cost.

-----------------------------------------

Midway, one of the bodyguards had insisted on sitting in Taehyung's car and driving to the cafe. No risks to be taken, he had said. Taehyung had agreed after a while, allowing him to take over. Fame was a funny thing, bringing with it both the jolly days of immeasurable happiness and love, and gloomy days of nefarious hate and disrespect.

Taehyung's thoughts came to a hault in time with his car. His bodyguards left the cars first, checking around for any paparazzi or harm, then informed Taehyung of the safe environment and took place with other guards around the cafe. Taehyung shut the door of his car and inhaled deeply. He loved this cafe. It was peaceful and gave off very comfortable vibes. The nature, the decoration, the food and beverages, and most importantly the owner and his boyfriend. They were always very welcoming and the owner never failed to surprise him with his deep dimples.

The climate was good that day, the temperature neither too high, nor too low. Birds chirped around on the trees and the light chitchat of people floated to his ears.

Walking towards the door of the cafe, he realised that the winds had gotten a little strong, as if pushing him faster towards the entrance. Something was weird. However, he disregarded the thought and opened the brown wooden door. The inside of the cafe was much warmer, but not enough to make one sweat. The aroma of caffeine and cocoa floated around in the air, making his stomach growl. The cafe was mostly empty, with only three tables occupied, on one of which he spotted Hoseok.