Chapter Twenty-Seven: Yesterday

Start from the beginning

Cristina stops for a moment, when she sees him watching her. Then she decides to dance again, and this time tried to get Burke involved. Burke laughed as he tried to dodge Cristina who tried to get him to dance with her.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

We move on, we move out, we move away from our families and form our own.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Burke then starts to spastically dance with her. Which caused her to shriek with laughter. As they danced around, Cristina's phone rings. Burke answers it since Cristina was lost in her own world.

"Hello? No, Dr. Burke. ... Yes. ... Yes I'll let her know." Burke said, Cristina noticed his change of attitude and stopped dancing and pulled out her headphones.

"That was your landlord. He wants you to know that there's a minor flood in your apartment. Your other apartment!" Burke informed her.

Shit.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

But the basic insecurities, the basic fears and all those old wounds just grow up with us.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Meredith was visiting her mother at her long-term residential care. After the whole hand on the bomb thing, she decided to spend more time with her mom when she could. She was currently getting coffee while her mother sat in her favorite chair nearby.

"I'm exhausted." Ellis informed her daughter.

"Me, too." Meredith agreed.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

And just when we think that life and circumstances have forced us truly, once and for all become an adult...

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

"I was going at it all night in the on-call room. What's your excuse?" Ellis bluntly asked Meredith, she had no idea who Meredith was today. She recognized that she was important to her, but not who she was. And Meredith heard things that no daughter should ever know about her mother.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

...your mother says something like that.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

"Mom." Meredith chastised her mom.

She didn't need to hear about her mother and father's sex life. This must have been when their marriage was good. Meredith barely remembered those times, unless there was photographic evidence, and there was few and far between of those.

"I tell ya that man makes me purr like a kitten." Ellis swooned like a love sick woman.

If her mother didn't stop she'd be sick.

"Mom!" Meredith said once again.

"When he isn't making me growl like a tiger." Ellis continued swooning.

"Stop!" Meredith snapped.

Ellis chuckles to herself, not listing to her daughter's request.

"And my husband wonders why I'm not interested in him anymore." Ellis said.

And then Meredith's whole world was rocked.

Her mother cheated?

She didn't now what to say or do.