Chapter Twenty-Six: As We Know It

Start from the beginning

For Miranda Bailey, a woman who had always been there for her since the moment she entered Seattle Grace Hospital. Who came to apartment heavily pregnant herself and kept  Eddie company while helping out however she could, even though Eddie refused for her to lift a finger, who was truly not only her mentor, but a friend.

She was having her baby today and she was also experiencing the horror of her husband being operated on, having brain surgery, when there is a code black in the OR. Just a few doors down.

Eddie couldn't imagine that horror. She needed to be there for Miranda. She may not be her persons like Meredith and Cristina. But, by this point, Miranda Bailey was her family. And she didn't abandon her family.

Eddie just hoped, that by doing this, by standing by her friend's side. She taught her daughter how to be courageous in the face of danger and help her friends, because it was the right thing to do. Even though it terrifies you....and your family....she just hoped, that Frankie would never be put into a situation like this.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

 Whatever it is, it's creepy. Because if you know, what do you do about it? 

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Addison Montgomery-Shepherd sat in one of the staff rooms, alone, feeling overwhelmed and scared.

Her husband, was still in the OR, where the Code Black had been called. He was operating on Bailey's husband.

Both of their husbands were at stake.

Then there was sweet little Eddie. She had her brother down there, and her two closest friends, while she tried to keep it together for all the other interns and for Bailey. But, she could tell it was all too much for the intern as well.

What a welcome back, huh?

And, she was seeing one of the toughest women she had ever met, break. Scared out of her mind, not wanting to push because this was all too much.

It was all too much.

When was the last time she said 'I love you' to Derek? When was the last time they laughed and had a good time?

Did he truly forgive her for sleeping with Nicholas? Or did he still hate her and only stay with her because it was the right and easy thing to do?

God...she just wanted everything to be okay.

All she could do was pray.

Pray that they could all be okay.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Forget about the fact that you're scared out of your mind. 

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Alex and Izzie were in the storage closest. Both of them in the throes of passion. Giving into the desire that had been there for a while. One that Izzie pushed away because of what happened with Olivia. But, she was a doer today.

Taking life by the horns.

If today was her last day, she was going out with no regrets.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

If you knew this was your last day on Earth how would you want to spend it?

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Inside OR 3 everyone looked shocked as they now realized Hannah was MIA, but, now Meredith Grey had her hands on the bomb....this was bad.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%