Prologue

Prologue. The Wedding.

You had never been a fan of parties. They were always too crowded, too touchy. Having to get dressed to the nines, rushing to get to your destination on time, it all seemed to be too much work for what it was worth, much more so when your job paid you to do all that. As a model, you were introduced to all the new fashion trends and brands before everyone else. Still, as a person, you found it difficult to find something that would compliment your appearance all yourself.

"Oh. My. God. You're here! You're here!" A voice shrieked in your direction from where you stood in the beach's gazebo. The bright, happy personality jumped in your direction with open arms, her white dress dragging along the sand, showing that she had not a care in the world for how expensive the gown was. This being most likely because of the rich man she had married.

With a genuine grin, you too spread your arms in the direction of the bride and giggled at the woman's bright amount of energy, even under the setting sun. "Yun-ji," you called out to her and let yourself be engulfed in the warm hug. "You look stunning, I'm so mad I didn't make it here in time." You meant what you said to Yun-ji, having missed the beautiful ceremony due to your own work. "Hoseok couldn't push the shoot back because a lot of the girls had to be out and-"

"Calm down, it's alright, Kook wanted it to be a simple, more private wedding. One less person made him a little less stressed." She pulled away from the hug, tapping your bare shoulder in a teasing manner. "You look hot though, I think it was a blessing you didn't make it to the ceremony. My husband would've ran off and married you. Jesus, are you trying to one up me in my own wedding?"

The attention shifted to you in your bold red silk gown that fell to your ankle but held a slit on the other leg. "Don't joke around like that. A silly little dress wouldn't be able to upstage you." With one hand, you patted down the fabric, taking a look at your necklace that you had been gifted by a friend for your birthday, a matching red stone that was held together by a chain of gold and some diamonds. You liked the attire, but it was really no match for the bride. "You look gorgeous, there's no fool in the world that wouldn't want to be with you."

Yun-ji giggled, flattered by your comment before your brain connected the dots and you stopped. "Yun," you called out her nickname, looking around at the few people walking around the gazebo and the waiter bringing around glasses of wine. "Just exactly where is that husband of yours?" The man your best friend had married was nowhere to be found, after them being together for so long, you still couldn't figure out who he was. You only knew his nickname and that he was a CEO.

Yes, 'Kook' the CEO, the man of the hour who you hadn't been able to meet in the last two years you've known of him due to how busy with work Yun-ji always said he was.

At your question, she covers her mouth, looking around and smiling at you as you grabbed a glass of red wine from the waiter that had made a pit stop to make sure you were all set with what you needed. "Oh don't get me started. The moment we walked off that aisle and into the after party the man had been hanging out with the boys. Typical. You'd think he married them and not me." Despite the bitter tone in her voice, she was clearly joking. You smile along and take a sip of your wine, the red lipstick leaving a mark on the rim.

You turn back to look in the direction of the ocean, knowing that if silence fell, you'd be able to hear the growing waves a distance from the party. "I'd really like to meet him. I've yet to give him the best friend's speech, Yun."

Before your best friend comments or has time to let a full laugh out, she's called over by her family who are very interested in talking to other people. "Oh, I have to go. They're probably going to try and steal the centerpieces home. I'll be back, just one second."