Ch. 21 ✨The Radio Demon✨

Start from the beginning

Still though, before everything goes black, I hear these last few words.

"Love made me do it..."

★★★
*Alastor's POV*

After what seemed like an eternity, I finally managed to arrive at this hospital when everything has gone quiet.
Charlie demanded that I stay and help at the hotel for a few hours, which is why I didn't arrive sooner.

But no matter, I am here now.

I don't care if I walk past a mortal, for they cannot see me anyways. I don't allow it.
I find myself glancing into every window searching for her, only then to see her lying in a bed, her head tilted to the side.

Her beautiful face is bruised, cut, broken...losing it's pretty colors and replaced with the purple and black of bruising.
I teleport myself to her side, standing over her, with no smile on my face.

A rare thing to see, my smile fallen.
It only falters whenever I'm saddened, or hurt.
And seeing this, I'm both of those things.
But I feel more then just pain, I feel regret, shame, and helplessness.

I wasn't there for you, when I vowed to myself that I always would be.
I was not there...to protect you.

Like you protected me, all those years ago...

I sit on a chair, placing a hand on her bed, near her hand, but not on it.
Slowly, I lean in, to whisper to her. She won't hear me of course, I can only pray that she does...

"Y/N darling, it is I," I whisper, "I came to see you."

No response.

"I brought you something," I raise the deer plushie that I had brought from her apartment, gently placing it under her arm. "He felt lonely, and wanted to see you."

I gently push aside a lock of her soft hair.
"I am so sorry my darling. Through all the years we've been aquatinted, I've done all I can to protect you. But this...oh I feel so ashamed. I feel as if this is all my fault. If our last encounter didn't end the way it did, I believe you would not be here now...but instead, you would be with me."

I exhale a breath, taking her hand in mine.

"I promise you, I shall never allow this to ever happen again. From now on, till the end of time itself, I will do all I can to protect you from harms way. I will be by your side as your friend...if you'll allow it. You only need to invite me in, and I will be there."

I kiss her palm. "When you wake up, I will make you my mother's famous jambalaya recipe. And then, we'll watch that picture show you're so obsessed with, what's it called again? I can't quite remember. And after that, I'll read you a tale from an old book my mother would read to me. We will do all those things, Y/N, you just need to open your eyes and fight, for me..."

My voice cracks, and becomes even more static. A habit whenever I feel myself losing control over my emotions.
I lower my head on her bed.

"Wake up, please," I whisper, "I need to see your smile. I need you to tell me that everything will be all right. I need to feel your presence beside me once more...I don't want to lose that. I don't want to lose you again..."

She doesn't respond, but only sleeps, deeply, in a dreamless state of slumber.
Much like Aurora, from Sleeping Beauty.

Though no kiss will awake her and make everything better.
For once in my life, I'm scared...

Scared that when she does wake back up, she will forever be separate from me. No matter what I say, do, or try...

The thought of it frightens me more then anything in the entire realms and Hell itself.
What a strange thing to say...that a human girl, could make me more scared then I've ever been before.

Love...what a dangerous, yet beautiful thing.

(Just a little pic I found on Google! Kind of reminds me of this story I'm writing!)