A Lovely Night

Nerissa and her two daughters arrived home as they were extremely exhausted from dancing at the ball, but they all had a great time tonight. Although, Nerissa almost had a closer look at one girl who was dancing with Prince Raphael tonight.

"Come along girls!" Nerissa said gently as she rings the doorbell of their home, Ruby opened the door and started taking their stuff from their hands. "What an amazing night? Absolutely magnificent!"

"Perfect!" Katrina said.

"It's like a dream!" Cleo said. Ruby closed the door and she was really glad that her stepmom and stepsisters had fun tonight.

"Oh, did one of you get to dance with the prince?" Ruby asked as she walked into the other room and put their stuff on the table while they sat down, talking about the ball.

"I got to dance with him for an hour!" Katrina replied as Cleo looks over at her with an raised eyebrow.

"An hour?" Cleo asked.

"Didn't you?" Katrina asked.

Cleo smiled, thinking about it. "Well, of course I did...if you did?"

"I wouldn't be surprised if the prince chose one of you for his bride." Nerissa said as her two daughters smiled with excitement.

"That sounds to good to be true! Did you know anyone at the ball?" Ruby asked in concerned.

"Well, there is this one princess but I didn't quite catch her name! She looked very familiar to me!" Nerissa said suspiciously as she kept thinking about that girl while Ruby grabbed a bucket in her other hand, walking into the living room.

"A princess? Did she dance with the prince?" Ruby asked as Nerissa let out a groan, she almost had a good look on that but she didn't notice anything.

"I didn't notice!" Nerissa mumbled.

"Do you think he'd like her?" Ruby asked as Cleo started laughing while Katrina just slightly in the arm causing her to snort.

"Pfft! I definitely doubt it!" Nerissa scoffed, Ruby just glared at her stepmom a few seconds but then looked away. "And what have you been doing all night, Rubyella?"

"I've been dreaming mostly, wondering what it would be like to be at the ball?" Ruby asked herself as she stood up from the ground and thinking about it.

"She couldn't possibly dream, what it was like? Unless she was there!" Katrina said as Cleo agreed with her on that.

"You simply can't imagine." Cleo said gently as Ruby walking around the living room while she imagined things that was so amazing.

"Well, I definitely imagining a beautiful ballroom with candles everywhere and an orchestra playing." Ruby said as Cleo and Katrina looked at each other then she spoke again, in a dreamingly way. "And then for a few precious moments the only two people in the entire world."

Suddenly, Cleo and Katrina smiled at each other then got up from the couch when Ruby started singing a song that got her two stepsisters attention.

"A lovely night, a lovely night, a finer night you know you'll never see, you meet your prince, a charming prince as charming as a prince will ever be..." Ruby singing, she opened the doors to the balcony and looks up at the night sky with her stepsisters followed her. "The stars in a hazy heaven, tremble above you while he's whispering darling I love you, you say goodbye, away you fly but on your lips you keep a kiss, all your life you'll dream of this lovely, lovely night."

Cleo and Katrina started singing as well while they were dancing with each other then Ruby started giggling and smiling while she was having fun singing with her stepsisters.

"A lovely night." Katrina singing.

"How lovely!" Cleo singing.

"A lovely night." Katrina singing.

"How lovely!" Cleo singing as the two girls smiling faces then continued singing.

"A finer night you know you'll never see!" Katrina singing as they standing next to each other. "How lovely!" Cleo singing.

"Shh! You meet--" Katrina singing half of the song while Cleo got in front of her.

"Your prince!" Cleo singing.

"A charming--" Katrina singing.

"Prince!" Cleo singing as Nerissa joined in and started singing with them as well while they've still dancing.

"As charming as a prince will ever be, the stars in a hazy heaven..." Nerissa singing while holding her daughters hands as they kept dancing in the living room.

"Tremble above you!" Cleo singing.

"While he's whispering..." Nerissa singing as she let go of their hands.

"Darling I love you!" Katrina singing as Ruby was on top of their stairs while singing again.

"You say goodbye, away you fly!" Ruby singing while coming down the stairs.

"But on your lips you keep a kiss!" Cleo and Katrina singing together as Nerissa looks at them with a glaring stare on her face.

"All your life you'll dream of this!" Nerissa singing as the three girls singing nearly at the end of the song.

"Lovely..." Ruby singing as she came down the stairs with a brightened up smile.

"Lovely..." Katrina singing.

"Lovely..." Cleo singing as Nerissa started to recognize Ruby look and she figured that her own stepdaughter have sneaked out of the house and went to the ball.

"Lovely night!" The girls singing as Nerissa couldn't take this pathetic song anymore but she didn't want to hear it, as the stepmother let out an outburst that got the girls to stop singing.

"Stop this!" Nerissa shouted out as the girls looked up at her. "Worse nonsense I've ever heard! Rubbish and Drivel!" She said in anger.

"But mother-" Cleo got cut off by her.

"And you, listening to her, hanging on her every word!" Nerissa said in anger as she raises her voice at the girls who were singing with Ruby.

"But mother-" Katrina got cut off by her as well, Nerissa didn't want to hear any excuses from her own daughters.

"Enough! Go to your room, it's late!" She demanded as Cleo and Katrina went upstairs and went to their rooms, ruby looked at her mean stepmother.

"Why did you do that? We were just having fu-" Ruby got shocked by her stepmom outburst.

"Silence!" Nerissa shouted out in anger. "I should have known that it was you at the ball after I told you not to go, and you dancing with the prince it's so ridiculous!"

Ruby started to get mad, then spoke. "How could you even think that? Me dancing with Prince Raphael, it was the most wonderful moment ever!"

"How extremely pathetic! There's no way that he wouldn't choose you for a bride because your a servant girl!" Nerissa said as she crossed her arms.

"If my mom were alive, she would understand how I feel about Prince Raphael and that I love him!" Ruby said in anger. When Nerissa slapped her across the face which caused Ruby's tears leaking down on her face.

"Your mother was weak, she spoiled you rotten and filled your dreams that will never come true! Never!" Nerissa said in anger as Ruby wiped her tears from her face. "Clean this place up, it's a mess!"

While Nerissa went upstairs to her bedroom as Ruby stood up from the floor and went to the balcony outside, she took a deep breath and exhale. Although, Ruby just don't want to admit about her stepmother being right about everything.