Visiting The Village

It was a nice day in the village as Nerissa was shopping with her daughters and her stepdaughter named Rubyella, she'd always had to carry everything just because her stepmother told her to all the time.

Rubyella always wanted to wear something more of her style but Nerissa would make her wear old ragged clothes, it didn't match her color anyway she just decided to get use it. Although, she was wearing a plaid skirt, a green shirt.

She just wanted to look more pretty and beautiful, even though her mean stepmother thinks that she isn't fit to look pretty like all the other girls her age, Ruby wanted to stop wearing old ragged clothes

"Come along girls, we got a lot of shopping to do here!" Nerissa said with a smile on her face, wearing a pretty red dress and makeup on herself. Cleo and Katrina were following their mother as they were also wearing pretty dresses and some earrings.

"Coming mother!" Cleo said.

"Me too!" Katrina said as Rubyella carried the bags and other stuff, trying to catch up with her stepmom and stepsisters around the village.

Once they've come across the library as Rubyella wants to check out some books to read when she gets home, she looks at her stepmom and asked her if she could go check out some books.

"Stepmother, would it be okay if I'd go check out some books?" She asked politely as Nerissa narrowed her eyes at her stepdaughter.

"Listen Rubyella, you already have enough books at home besides you can read the ones that I got you last week!" Nerissa said gently as Ruby didn't like the books because she was more into romance novels.

"But... I'm more into romance books-" She got cut off by her stepmom giving her the look that she doesn't like because she would always give her that look when ever Ruby tries to talk back at her.

"You will not get such pathetic books that will get your mind into the stupid love life! Understand?" She asked in a serious tone as Ruby sighed sadly and looked extremely disappointed.

"Yes stepmother..." Rubyella said gently.

"Good!" Nerissa said with a smile as she poked her cheeks. "Now come along, we need to get the shopping done!"

Next they've stopped by something with lots of hats and clothing while Ruby standing there, looking around the village as Cleo gasps when Katrina took a nice, lovely pretty hat with feathers on the top of it.

"What do you think mother?" Katrina asked.

"It's certainly not the kind of thing you see everyday darling!" Nerissa said as Cleo took the hat off her head and put it on herself.

"Nope! I saw it first, how do you think it looks on me, mother?" Cleo asked as Katrina gagged and got annoyed.

"Awful and terrible!"

"I didn't ask you!"

Nerissa answered. "How could a mother choose between her amazing daughters?" She asked as she went inside of the store for shopping.

Cleo decided to ask Ruby about it, calling out her name twice. "Rubyella, Rubyella!"

"Yes!" She answered while turning around and looking at her stepsisters.

"What do you think? Does it look better on me?" Cleo asked as Katrina snatched the hat off quickly.

"Or me?" Katrina asked with a smile.

"Well, to be honest I don't really know much about hats but I don't think it flatters neither one of you!" Rubyella said honestly as Cleo and Katrina gasps, narrowed their eyes at her.

"What did you ask her for?" Katrina asked in anger.

"She doesn't know anything about hats, she said so herself!" Cleo said as they started fighting over it which caused Ruby to laugh a little bit.

"Give it to me!" Katrina said in anger.

"It's mine!" Cleo said.

"Mother!" Both said in unison as they've went inside of the store while Ruby continues to look around the place.

Rubyella Singing:

I can hear the sound of your barely beating heart, pieces on the ground from a world that fell apart it won't be long

Her singing got interrupted by her stepmom who called out her name a few minutes ago now.

"Rubyella!" Nerissa called out as she gives her more stuff to carry.

"Have you ever seen such a lazy ugly kraken girl in your life?" Katrina asked.

"Who are you calling ugly and lazy?" Cleo asked in annoyance.

"Not you stupid! Rubyella!" Katrina said.

"Who are you calling stupid?" Cleo asked.

They continued to look around in the village as Rubyella took a nice walk until Prince Raphael was having a walk himself in the village as well. Suddenly, Ruby stepped back almost getting run over by a horse chariot which caused her to drop everything on the ground.

"Are you okay, Miss?" He asked in a worried tone.

"Yes I'm fine!" Rubyella said gently as he helped her out with everything.

"Here you go!" He said gently. "Some people are just rude, huh? They didn't really care if someone else is in their way at all."

"Well, I'm pretty sure that they're going somewhere very important!" She said with a smile on her face.

"I've doubt it!" He said gently as they both started laughing until they looked at each other, Raph thought that she really looked pretty.

"Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!" She said gently as she stood up from the ground but he wants to know her name though.

"Wait! What's your name?" Raph asked.

"Ruby! But most of the times my stepmom and stepsisters call me, Rubyella!" She answered gently with a smile while Raph smiled at her.

"Rubyella, huh? That's a pretty name for girl like you!" He said gently as she blushed and giggled.

"Thanks! I'm actually a kraken girl who used to live in the ocean but I've been going through a tough time for the past few years so I live with my stepmom and stepsisters! My stepmom never lets me have any fun because I've been living in a sheltered life!" She explained as Raph could that she's not like all the other girls.

"You know, Rubyella? Just to be honest with you that I've been living in a sheltered life too!" He said gently as she looks at him.

"Really?" She asked.

"Everyday I do the same stuff with my dad and my brothers besides I am a prince after all I'd take my kingdom very seriously sometimes I've just wanted to have fun with my life!" He said gently.

"So you just want to have fun with your own life? It's really great that we both want the same thing!" Rubyella said as they both smiled at each other for a few minutes but then got interrupted by Nerissa.

"I thought I told you never to talk to strangers!" Nerissa said in anger as Ruby came towards her and apologized.

"I'm so sorry stepmother!" She apologized.

"I hope to see you again Rubyella!" He said gently as he left while Nerissa gotten angry with her stepdaughter.

"Well, hurry up with those packages! What are you doing?" Nerissa asked in anger as they were about to go home while Ruby was still standing there. "Rubyella!!"

She started to follow them on the way home while she stopped singing and carried the bags and other stuff on the way back home.