"Seems like we have a lot of customers today. Did you have something to do with that?" Zayn asked from the checkout, he was rushing to keep up. 

"Well, I am an heir, so I've got quite the following on social media." I winked at him, feeling a bit proud of my influence. My attention was then drawn to Barbra, the waitress who I owed a debt of gratitude for saving me from that tattooist fellow. Remember him? I would've been fake engaged to that horror of a man today if it weren't for Barbra accidentally spilling coffee on him and exposing his true colours. I really dodged a bullet there.

She was struggling with a heavy box on her own. "Let me help you with that, Barbra," I offered, hurrying over to her aid.

"Really?" Her head snapped up from the box, eyebrows raised in surprise. "You're so much nicer than I thought, Liam."

"What do you mean? I've always been nice," I teased, flipping my hair dramatically as I took the box from her and placed it where it belonged.

"I didn't mean anything by it," she quickly clarified, looking a bit flustered.

Chuckling, I assured her, "I'm kidding, Barbra."

She smiled sheepishly, her hand moving to scratch the back of her neck. "And sorry again about the coffee I spilled on your date. I was distracted." She let out a small sigh.

"Distracted by what?" I asked, my curiosity piqued as I leaned against the counter, crossing my arms casually.

"Well..." She tucked a strand of her pink hair behind her ear and I watched her gaze shift all the way to a certain someone, who happened to be my fiancé.

Oh, someone is crushing on their boss? I couldn't suppress the grin spreading across my face. It was rather cute. But then again, the last thing I needed was for anyone to perceive Zayn as available. Rule 4 was in place for a reason and it clearly stated: dating others is off-limits. Not that I don't trust Zayn, but boundaries are boundaries. We need to ensure that our relationship looks as convincing as possible.

"I think you two would make a great couple."

Her eyes sparkled with hope as she absorbed my words, her smile stretching from ear to ear. "You think so!"

I gave a nod of affirmation. "Yeah. If Zayn and I weren't engaged, I would totally encourage you to ask him out."

"ENGAGED?!" She shouted out, her eyes widening in shock. "I'm so sorry!"

"It's fine, Barb," I hurried to reassure her, offering a consoling pat on her shoulder. "You didn't know-"

"DON'T TELL ME I'M MAKING A SCENE!"

The sudden outburst drew our attention to a commotion brewing outside the cafe, where a customer was engaged in a heated argument with one of our baristas.

The customer's voice reverberated through the air like a thunderclap as she continued complaining about something I couldn't really figure out, causing heads to turn and eyebrows to raise. She was a middle-aged woman with fiery eyes and a tightly clenched jaw, her cheeks flushed with anger.

"Ma'am, please lower your voice," the barista, a young man with a strained expression, attempted to diffuse the situation, his tone was extremely polite.

"No! I want the manager. RIGHT FUCKING NOW!" She demanded, her words dripping with indignation as she pointed an accusatory finger at the bewildered barista. 

Other customers paused mid-sip, their curiosity piqued by the sudden outburst. Some exchanged puzzled glances, while others discreetly reached for their phones to capture the drama.