❃4❃

I strolled out of my bathroom, a towel snug around my waist and another wrapped securely on my head, reaching for my ringing phone. "Hello?"

"Babe! We have an emergency." Zayn's concerned tone echoed through the phone.

"Emergency? And did you just call me babe?"

"Just practicing for tonight."

"Right. So, what's the emergency? What did you do?"

"Why is your first assumption that I did something wrong?"

"Oh, I don't know, Zayn. Maybe because you're unpredictable and annoying?"

He waved me off with a dismissive tone, "Anyway, what should I wear for this party?"

"That's your emergency?" I chuckled. "Whatever passes you off for rich. It would look better if we match though. Louis and Harry always wear matching clothes."

"Who?"

"My brother and his husband."

"Hmm," he hummed. "If that's the case, you should go for something black."

"Why? I hate black."

He chuckled. "What can I say? I'm a sucker for a handsome guy in black. I'll be a much better actor if you do."

I hung up on him in annoyance.

"Black? Really? I might as well dress like I'm attending my own funeral. Brilliant." I rolled my eyes and started to dry myself, attempting to shake off the annoyance. Because hate black and I care too much about the things I wear.

I grumbled on, "Oh, but of course, Zayn is a bloody idiot who loves to push my buttons. If I wanted fashion tips, I'd rather ask a fucking cat than that idiot!" I dried my legs rather harshly while trying to reach my dresser. "Bloody hell!" I cursed out loudly when I tripped over my own foot. "The things I do for a fake engagement..."

As I took out the blow dryer from its drawer, my eyes caught Sunshine rolling around and playing with a yarn ball without a care in the world.

I chuckled at the absurdity of the situation, realising how over-the-top I was being about just some clothes. Shaking off the lingering annoyance, I walked over to Sunshine and began to play with her, running my fingers through her soft, orange fur.

"Think I have something he'll like in my closet. What you say, Sunshine?" I mused, giggling to myself as she playfully bit on my fingers. "Should Papa wear something that'll drive Daddy crazy?"

She responded with a lazy yawn and a stretch of her front legs.

"I don't speak stray, but I'll take that as a yes."

After a bit of play time with Sunshine, I finished drying off and headed to my walk-in closet. I opted for a pair of black skinny jeans that fitted well and a tight-fitting black button-down shirt adorned with floral patterns; it had see through sleeves, giving it a touch of style without going overboard. "If Zayn thinks black is the key to a convincing fake engagement, then who am I to argue?" I muttered, securing the last button and giving Sunshine a playful wink. "Anything to get my hands on that money."

I tucked the shirt into my jeans. To add a bit of flair, I threw on a few pieces of jewelry - a simple silver chain necklace and a couple of black beaded bracelets.

After checking myself out in the full-length mirror, I did some kind of model walk for Sunshine, who gave me a nonchalant glance, making me chuckle. "What do you think, bud? Daddy's going to have a hard time keeping his eyes off me tonight."