Chapter 43- The Curse Unfulfilled

Mulai dari awal

 Brushing those thoughts away, my eyes darted to Green-Eyes's face. Rikuo didn't seem to fit him as much as a name should, and it only reminded me of how my mother said it. I noticed his face darkening as we got closer to our destination and I felt the same creeping over me. Could I do this?

 "We share a connection, Saya. I made it that way." 

 "I feel everything you feel."

 "I won't leave you, even in death."

 Tears threatened to surface, but each one that fell brought more clarity with every word she had said to me about our connection. She had always made it seem like a sisterhood between us, like we were the only family we had and that meant to trust, to protect, to love. But all those times she said those things, could it have meant something more? Normal connections didn't mean shared feelings, or awareness of the other person's situation. Maybe we were more connected now than ever.

 In fact, that was what I was hoping for.

 It was a key, an opportunity. And if I did things right, maybe it was salvation.

 "We're here." Rikuo said quietly.

A large clearing stood in front of us, the sky pale and lightless. Crude forms of buildings were surrounded by villagers shuffling around it, keeping a steady pace of working on it. A table with a ceiling big enough to shade only the items on it passed for the food market, where several were lined up to eat.

 "Where is she?" I turned to Rikuo. He moved forward, walking into the midst of the workers. Some stopped, noticing him. 

"Rikuo, welcome back. We didn't know you'd be arriving back so soon-" The man who had begun speaking lost his friendly smile as he noticed me.

 "Why did you bring her here?" The atmosphere became cold, hateful. Rikuo ignored the change in mood, introducing us.

 "This is Saya Mori. And this is Kakashi Hatake. We're not here to bother you, we just came to visit my wife." My eyes snapped to Rikuo. When did they get married?

 "We understand that, Rikuo, but why bring her? Isn't she the one who killed Molly?" I flinched at the harsh words, my teeth gritting together from the bitterness that welled up inside of me.

 "You don't know anything." I hissed at him, unable to hold back. His cold gaze zeroed in on me.

"If you're the daughter of Lady Yuki, I'm positive I don't need to know much."

"What did you say, you bastard?" I snapped. He stepped forward and Rikuo placed a hand in front of his chest, shoving him back. 

"We only came here to visit. I won't allow contention."

 "She isn't allowed here, Rikuo. We can't stand for it." 

Rikuo's presence suddenly became noticeably stronger, making everyone around him pause for a moment and look warily at his stony gaze. 

 "I wasn't asking for permission. This is my decision, Tsukari. Do not interfere when you do not know the entire story as well." Rikuo snapped. 

The man shot me another death glare, but stepped back. Rikuo spoke up again.

"Now that I think about it, we haven't had a decent meal in a couple of days. What about it, guys? Hungry?" Was he joking? A grin slowly spread on my face.

"Starving."  I agreed, throwing the scumbag in front of me a wicked smile. He flashed me his teeth with a silent anger, his eyes hard. 

It didn't take long for us to get to the front of the food market, where the seller gave me a disapproving look. He gave lunch boxes to Rikuo and Kakashi as they walked up.  When it was my turn, he put up a SOLD OUT sign. I smirked.