Chapter 19

Gigo left the pair after reassurances that Morgan was really ok. He would report to Tony on the safety of his daughter. Once he was gone, Morgan went to see what kind of supplies he had brought for them. Loki peered over her shoulder like an overgrown curious cat. Morgan thought it was adorable how curious he was. "Did it bring us anything useful?" He asked, unsure what the boxes and containers in the box really were.

Morgan nodded and turned her head to look up at him. "He brought us supplies," she told Loki. Supplies, especially in the form of food were vitally important for two magic wielders. "Do you like pasta?" She asked the god. Thankfully Gigo had sent them something she could make.

Loki lit up and nodded. There were times that he seemed his hundreds of years old and times, like now, when it was clear those hundreds of years only translated to roughly 18 human years. "I love pasta!" He told her enthusiastically.

Morgan nodded, clearly amused at Loki's enthusiasm for such a simple dish. Or perhaps he was just a bottomless pit teenager and would be excited for anything to fill his stomach and replenish his magic. Morgan didn't cook often, her father always made sure she was well cared for, and that usually involved the housekeeper making them food or a large quantity of takeout. She'd learned how to make the basics, though, and with Loki watching every move over her shoulder like the overly curious overgrown cat he was, the pair soon had spaghetti, meatballs, and garlic bread to eat. They worked together to split the meal between two plates and set the table

The chatted while they ate. Morgan noticed how Loki was purring loudly. He'd let his guard down enough for her to hear his purrs, to hear that vulnerability and show her who he truly was.

Morgan smirked at him as they were finishing eating. "Dishes are your job," she informed him with mischief in her eyes. She'd cooked. He got to clean up. It was only fair and she really didn't want to do it. So she would put the god to work. She was likely the only one who could get away with it too. Anyone else would get stabbed for trying.

Luckily, Morgan didn't get stabbed. Instead, Loki chuckled and raised a hand. He made a gesture like he was turning an invisible doorknob above him. There was a shimmer of green magic and the dishes returned to their places, perfectly clean, and the leftovers were packed up and put away. "You gave me the easy job, little fox," he teased warmly.

Morgan giggled, still delighted with the arrangement. "Still saved me an hour of work," she said with mischief still glinting in her eyes
Loki chuckled. "Are we sure you're not a minx instead of a fox?"

"I think the fox tail clearly says fox," she reminded him, swishing said tail.

Loki laughed, open with her with a way he wasn't with anyone else. It felt so easy to talk with her. "Well, you're the cutest fox I've ever seen."

Morgan blushed. She couldn't imagine that. He was hundreds of years old and had presumably seen grown kitsune. He had also likely been with women before. "You think so?" She asked softly, unable to truly comprehend that he would be interested in her. Or that he was actively flirting with her.

Loki nodded, giving her a gentle caring look. "I know so," he said firmly, making Morgan's tail swish, even as she blushed a deep red. It appeared she was interested in him as well.

"So what do we want to do with our evening, since we're stuck here?" Morgan changed the subject before either of them did something stupid or she embarrassed herself further.

Loki considered, but didn't really know much about leisure activities on Midgard, besides reading, of course, but he doubted that would keep the kit entertained for long. "Whatever you wish, as long as it does not get us in trouble with your father,"