Veintitrés.

Soon after they had made it official, Andorra and Aitana decided to keep their relationship secret to the public, Andorra especially not ready to have everyone look at her even more than the world already seemed to do. She met Aitana's parents and the three of them got along really well, Aitana's parents loving Andorra and respecting her boundaries when it comes to touching.

She also had her surgery, which she was sweating and anxious over but Aitana was there every step on the way. After she woke up from the anesthesia, the first thing she did was to video call the midfielder.

When the midfielder picked up her phone, accepting the call, Andorra saw Aitana's sweaty face, a Barcelona sun shining down on her. "Hola!"

Andorra smiled softly, high as a kite. "Hi there. How is practice?"

Just as she asked that question, a particular bleached blonde stole Aitana's phone and was seen running away, Ona following her closely, the two trouble-makers of the team obviously causing trouble again as Aitana's futile yells can be heard in the background "Hey girl! How are you holding up?"

Andorra smiled loopily. "Hello trouble makers. Can I please have my girlfriend back on the phone?"

Mapi and Ona immediately stopped running and looked at Andorra with big eyes as an exhausted Aitana finally caught up to them. Ona was barely seen looking at Aitana with big eyes. "When were you going to tell us that you two are finally together?"

Aitana sighed. "I will tell you after I have spoken to my girlfriend who is still high on anesthesia." they nodded their heads and the phone went back to Aitana whose face now returned in the screen. "Hey baby, how was your surgery?"

"I don't feel any pain hehehe, so I think... okay?? I don't know. I don't feel anything but this beeping of my heartbeat is annoying me."

Aitana smiled at Andorra and chuckled slightly. "That's good. It means that you're still alive."

Andorra fell silent as she looked at Aitana, the midfielder looking back at her. "What are you thinking about?"

"Death."

"I- uh- that's deep."

"Yeah, not thinking about my own, it's just that when Selina had died, you know, the funeral was so sad. Everyone was sad. It's like everyone had forgotten how Selina had learned to enjoy her life and be so.. free and wild. I don't want that with my funeral. I don't want no sadness. I want to go out with bangers. I want people to remember that I could enjoy life and not just the sadness of it. Also, Highway to hell definitely has to play. I ain't going to heaven and that's okay. I just want.. people to remember me by living. No sad crap."

Aitana thought about it and when she was ready to answer, she looked at her phone to see that the goalkeeper had fallen back asleep and was snoring softly. Aitana smiled and ended the call, whispering to herself. "You ain't dying before me but sure."

She then turned around and joined the team again to continue with practice and talked to the girls about the surgery probably being a success and told them a bullshit story that the younger one was seeing weird shit and putting herself on a pedestal before she fell asleep, her own mind being kind of worried but at the same time, Andorra had been high as a kite so chances were big that she wouldn't even remember anything of what had just happened or been said.

But Aitana would never forget.

But that would be a worry for later. right now she was just glad that her girlfriend had made it out of surgery and was seemingly happy, the midfielder able to continue to train without too much thought, enjoying her time on the pitch.

Aitana's thoughts about Andorra forgetting all about their conversation were confirmed when she went by the hospital in the evening. She walked through the hospital, having gotten the room number from Sofia and when she got there, she softly knocked on the door and then entered the room, a bouquet of roses in her hand as a very tired Andorra was laying on the bed, a white bandage around her leg and knee.