Daisy shook her head, "It was inevitable, the pack was dying; if I didn't go, I would be dead."

Bamboo nodded with relief,"Now, we should start building," she ordered as if she was a leader again,"Find some long, bendy branches that we can use for the walls of a den," she started. Looking around, "Ooh! How about the leader's den can be on that boulder? The top looks nice and flat; enough for about five wolves. And it's sturdy."

Snow nodded,"Willow tree branches should be good, and we can reach them," she suggested,"Ooh! There 's one next to the river!" She exclaimed. Bounding to it. Snow grabbed and mouthful and tugged. The branches bent and refused to snap. Snow lost her grip and tumbled backwards as she was almost hit by the branch as it shot to its normal place. Bamboo let out a woof of laughter,"Let me," she said. She ran up to the tree and leaped, but instead of grabbing a branch, she seemed to stand on an invisible ground.

"How are you doing that?" Snow asked, astonished.

Bamboo chuckled, going higher,"I'm a Spirit, remember? We can fly, walk on water, and never be harmed."

Snow's eyes widened,"Being able to do those things must make life easier," she remarked.

Bamboo came down with her mouth full of branches. Spitting them out, she lowered her voice, "You can do it too," she said,"Remember the prophecy?"

Snow nodded,"The kin rise as their elements fall into place. When the time is right, the elements will hold the power of the spirits in their paws."

Bamboo nodded,"All I know is that you are the kin, and the power of Spirits is being able to turn into one of us," she said.

"You mean we can die?" Snow said, confused.

"No," Bamboo laughed,"Here, focus on something that is calming to you, or something you like," Bamboo started. Snow closed her eyes and imagined white puffs of snow falling from the sky, what she was named after.

"Then, pretend you are that thing you are imagining," Bamboo continued. Snow imagined herself like she was a snowflake, soft and light.

"Now open your eyes!" Bamboo said, satisfied. Snow's eyes popped open and she saw stars surrounding her paws, and her body became purple and transparent, like a Spirit.

"You like the cold," Bamboo observed,"Purple means that you like cold, crisp things."

Snow understood, "And green means you like nature?" She asked. Bamboo nodded.

"Now try to fly!" Bamboo suggested. Snow hunched up her hind legs and pushed off, but instead of falling back, Snow's paw's stayed off the ground, and she was flying! Howling with joy, Snow galloped through the sky and to the willow tree. Biting off branches, Snow's jaw became tired soon after. As she came down, it felt like the tree was barely touched.

"How many branches does this tree have?" Snow asked, panting.

"A lot," Bamboo replied.

"How do I become a wolf again?" Snow asked.

Bamboo shrugged,"You just imagine you're a wolf again."

Snow closed her eyes and imagined she was opaque again, with a gray body. Opening her eyes, she was Snow again. Grabbing a mouthful of branches happily, Snow ran back to where the group was settling and set down the branches.

"Pine, Hail, you want to grab a few wolves and start making a den?" Snow suggested. The two wolves lifted their heads and nodded.

"Who should I get?" Pine asked.

Snow shrugged, "Whomever you like."

Pine grabbed a mouthful of branches and set off with Rain to build the dens. Snow and Hail worked together and quickly wove a first layer,"That took a long time!" Pine remarked. Snow would hold two or three branches together and Pine would weave another branch through, securing them together.