When I look up I see that Carl is also starring at my arm, but we're close to the group so he doesn't ask about it. I pull my sleeve down as far as I can to cover it, annoyed at his gawking.

"Okay, so me, Daryl, Glenn and Michonne will go in and clear it. We'll call down to you when we know it's safe to come up."
They say no more before entering and we wait impatiently.

After about two minutes I get tired of waiting, so I walk towards the door.
"Where are you going?" Maggie asks at the same time a hard hand comes down on my shoulder, locking me in place. I glare up at Abraham, the ginger mustached man with the freakishly large muscles. I swat his arm away and clench my teeth with frustration.

"I'm goin' inside, if any of those men are in there, I want to be the one to kill them." I state
She doesn't object she just nods at Abraham and he releases me.
I kinda like her, she's okay.
"No Madison, don't go in!" my mother speaks for the first time, practically begs but I ignore her. She doesn't come after me either.

I walk into the house and up the stairs with Abraham hot on my tail. I guess he doesn't trust easily. That's okay, neither do I. We walk into what looks like a sitting room. I realise I only have the rock and nothing else to protect myself. So I scan the room for something to use as a weapon and I find an old radiator and I kick the bottom pipe loose and the bend to pull it from the other rusting metal. It makes a loud noise and someone rushes into the room.

The woman with the katana comes in and she's about to take my head off until she realises who I am.
I struggle to remember her name. There's just so many of them to remember.

"Geeeez .... what the hell Madison? I almost took your head off your shoulders. What the hell are you doing up here?" She snaps.
Rick, Daryl and Glenn walk into the room but I answer her question anyways.
"Because if anyones up here I want to be the one to kill them." I state coldly

"They must have messed you guys up badly." She murmurs.
"You have no idea." I reply. "Is the place clear?" I ask more loudly, for the others.

"Yeah, you can call down to them and tell them to grab anything we need." Rick says to Daryl.

I watch as he jogs down the stairs and tells them to grab anything they need. They all come inside and do just that. I tell my family that it's okay to come in and I know they don't want to so it takes some convincing, but they eventually climb the stairs.

When they're upstairs their eyes scan the sitting room and my eyes land in the same thing there's see. Food. Lots and lots of food piled on the table. That must be whatever they found in the house.

"What?" Daryl bellows roughly.
I didn't realise how long I was gawking at the food until he called me out on it.
Abbie speaks up for me.
"It's just we haven't eaten in two days, sir" She talks in a quiet voice and I know it's because she's nervous around these people.

"Oh" he says, clearly unsure what to do. Thankfully Maggie rolls her eyes at him, walks over to the table and grabs two cans. Maggie bends down so she can look at Abbie in her eyes.
"Here, sweety, you must be starving. Well, if your staying with our group then you won't be so hungry, we survive and to survive you gotta eat, right?" She asks
Abbie nods, while Maggie hands her the cans.
"Thank you, miss."

"My name is Maggie and you can come to me if you need help, I know some of these guy are big and scary, especially him." She says nodding her head towards Daryl, messing with him. Abbie nods her head and a smile plays on her lips. I haven't seen her smile properly in years.
"Thanks" Abbie mumbles again and skips towards me with the cans of food. I'm rewarded by a huge smile off Abbie and I  return the gesture. As Abbie skips away to find a can opener I walk over to Maggie.

"Thank you for that. She was only a few weeks old when we were taken. It's strange seeing her so...happy? Relaxed?"
Maggie bites her lip and a frown creases her forehead.
"What?" I ask, not trusting her.
She just shakes her head.
"What?" I snap again.
"It's just you're all just kids."
I shrug. "So?"
"Well, I just, I hope you stay with us."
"You don't even know us." I accuse.
She sighs. "You better go eat now, you're probably starving."

Just to prove her right my stomach gives a loud rumble and she laughs, says an awkward goodbye and walks too quickly towards Glenn. I walk over to Abbie who is busy passing the cans back and forth between Nick and our mother. I keep my eyes on Maggie and that shady leader, Rick. As I'm watching everyone carefully, analyzing them, I notice a pair of eyes starring back at me, doing exactly as I am. They're piercing blue and almost impossible to look away from. I tear my gaze away and turn my focus back to my family and try to ignore the feeling of the eyes piercing into the back of my head.

"Hey Abbie, pass me a can. I'm starving!"