Chapter 18

Stephanie 'sPOV
Gosh, the workload is so tiring, I say to myself as I typed furiously on my laptop. Well at the end of the day the pay was worth the stress. I checked my wristwatch. Thank God, it was 12pm already. Yep lunch time. I closed my laptop and stood up from my sit. Just then a man who I was sure I knew from somewhere walked past me and stopped staring at me like he had seen a ghost. He walked back to meet me just as I was about to leave for the cafeteria.

"Hey we need to talk ." he said
holding my hands.

I rubbed my forehead frustradely. Like what does this guy want .

"Stephanie right?" He asked with a tone that irritated me.

"Yeah what do you want." I snapped at him impatiently.

"Hey calm down, don't you remember me? You know, Alex David's best friend. We've meet before remember?"

I led him to my office space and offered him a sit.

"So what do you wanna talk about."

" Actually I'm surprised to see you here but I can see you were rushing somewhere so I wouldn't take much of your time." he said and nodding his head.

"Well for starters why are you here? Like you know why are you working for a man you're supposed to despise so much like considering the fact that
you didn't meet in a favorable circumstances. "

" Well Mr Alex. "I said trying to be professional or something like that .

" This has nothing to do with my hatred for him. I simply just wanna make enough money to get an apartment and get out of his house and life. So yeah I hate him so much for what he did to me but if working for him for a while is gonna earn me money then I'm gonna do it. "

" Shit, you hate him? "

Wait was he really asking me if I hated the guy that forcefully took my virginity. I have to assume this was a rhetorical question.

" You can't hate him. "

" why not?"

"Cos he loves you. He realized his mistake before he lost memories of you. He is a sorry wreck without you Stephanie. Pls you have to forgive him. "

I laughed so hard that my inside hurt. Hey wasn't he  the same guy that called his child a foetus the size of a pinhead???

"Look Stephanie I know you're hurt but please you have to find a way to forgive him when he regains his memory."
*****
Stephanie 'sPOV
Ugh , today was so annoying. Geez , especially when that Alex guy came to my office. Like what does he mean that I should forgive David whenever he regains his memory. Well thank God I was making plans to leave this place for good before he remembers.

*******
In David's room
David 's POV
In the night
I tossed on my bed shouting before I woke up from the nightmare. I rubbed my forehead furiously. What was going on with me? My door opened and Stephanie walked in. From the looks of it she must have been woken up by my screams.

"Are you okay?" She asked running to me.
I didn't answer , I just wrapped my arms around in a hug.

"What happened?" she asked trying to free herself from my tight grip.

"I had a nightmare." I said whispering into her ears.

"Pls stay here with me." I pleaded.

"I don't think..."

"Please." I pleaded interrupting her for giving whatever excuse she wanted to give.

"Fine, just let go of me." She said and I released my grip on her.

"Thank you." I muttered as she lay on the bed beside me.

******
Stephanie 'sPOV
(Morning )
I woke up to find a strong pair of arms wrapped around my waist. I slowly unwrapped his arms from my waist and got down from the bed. I stared at the face of the sleeping figure intently and I could see his face had some admirable features.
Stephanie Aurora,what are you doing? I said to myself.
Like seriously what was I doing?Why did I come into his room to check on him when I heard his voice yesterday night ?Like why couldn't I mind my business. And why did I have to sleep beside him? I mean the last time  both of us shared the same bed it ended up in pains for me. He was a "devil "and  should be treated as such. Yet I was living peacefully with the same guy whom I labeled" a devil ". Anyways I headed to my room, took a shower and dressed up for work.