Chapter 16

Stephanie 'sPOV
"I am sorry there is no vacancy." The man in the office said.

This has been my story since I began searching for a job two days ago. It was as if the devil wanted me to stay in David's house. My phone rang in my pocket and I brought it out . I glanced at the caller 's ID. It was Cherry. I picked the call.

"Hey girl, so how is it going with you?" Cherry asked.

"Not good ? "

" You haven't found a job yet ? "

" Yeah and if I don't find a job soon I don't know what I might say or do."

" Hey just calm down ok. You can still come and stay with me. "

" Like I said I don't wanna bother you. "

" Fine if u need anything just call ok . "

" Yeah thanks. "

*******
David 's POV
(In his office)
I glanced at the stack of papers on my table . Gosh! I really needed another secretary. This workload was too much for one person.

"Hey dude." Alex said entering my office.

"Ugh, why are you here? Thought you were meant to be with your girlfriend what's her name again?"

"First of all her name is Cherry and secondly what's your problem?"

"As you can see I'm middle of something so can you just let me be?"

Well the idiot couldn't just let me be . No instead he sat down and put his legs on the stack of papers on my table as if he owned the place.

"So what about the girl in your house?"he asked.

"What's with you and that girl. Thought you had a girlfriend."

Alex 'sPOV
I walked into David's office and met him arranging stacks of paper. He was obviously busy but silly me just wanted to disturb him.

" Hey dude. "I said as I entered his office obviously without knocking.

" Ugh, why are you here? Thought you were meant to be with your girlfriend what's her name again?"

" First of all her name is Cherry and secondly what's your problem? "

" As you can see I'm in the middle of something so can you just let me be? "

Well there was no way I was gonna leave him alone . Frustrating him is a hobby. I sat down on a chair and placed my legs on a stack of papers on the table.

" So what about the girl in your house? "I asked him .

" What's with you and that girl. Thought you had a girlfriend. "

I wanted to say something but I paused and swallowed my word back
remembering the doctors' instructions not to try and make him remember. I had to thread with caution but I also wanted to find out what was going on between him and Stephanie. I mean any sensible human being would definitely not stay with a person who raped and denied them.Maybe because she didn't have anywhere to go.

"Are you done staring at me?" David asked interrupting my thoughts.

"Nope you know I could do this all day." I said still trying to frustrate him.

"Great , when you are done lock my door please ." he said standing up from his sit.

"Where are you heading to ? I just arrived."

"I'm going to pick Axel from school. "

"Who is Axel?"

" Oh yeah forgot to tell you he's Stephanie's son. "

" Stephanie? "

" Yeah remember the woman that we hit the other day. You know, the one that's now at my house . "

" So you pick her son from school? "

" Yeah I mean he's a little troublesome but I can handle him . So are you coming? "

I needed to gather my thoughts.

" No I will be here for a while. "

" Ok. "he said slamming the door.

I watched as he left his office. What the hell was going on . In just two days? A father can not be separated from his child. They were already having a serious bond if when they didn't know each other.

******
David 's POV
We just finished having dinner and I was meant to be relaxing or doing something else with my time but no I was busy in my study with work stuff .I really needed another secretary or else I was gonna die from the work load.

"Hey ." someone said behind me.

"I looked up and saw the person to be no other than Stephanie. She was wearing a baggy shirt and trousers and had her blonde hair packed in a ponytail .

"Sorry for interrupting I brought you a coffee." she said handing the cup of smoking hot coffee ☕ to me.

I quickly collected it , dropped it on the table and muttered a thanks.

"Is there anything I could do to help?" She asked her deep blue eyes staring at me.

Gosh how did I not notice that she was good looking and pretty sexy. Hey get that thought off your head, I said to myself.

"Nothing really, thanks again." I said as I turned to the paperwork before me.

"You are proofreading the papers?" She asked.

"Well yeah just checking for mistakes." I muttered absent mindedly.

"Hey I can help." she said taking some of the papers from my table before I could protest.

We only spent a few minutes and she had finished almost half of the job. I couldn't help but watch her as she skimmed through the papers. She was sucking on her lips which made look absolutely gorgeous ready to eat. I shook my head to get those dirty thoughts out. It was as of she was a pro a beautiful gorgeous one at that. An idea came into my head. What I was looking for was actually in my house sitting right in front of me . I mean she was looking for a job and I was looking for a secretary. I pitched the idea to her.
*****
Stephanie 'sPOV
I didn't know why I went to check on him. Hell no I didn't want to check on him but I did it out of necessity. I just felt pity on him or something like that I mean he accommodated me in his house so the least I could do was to help him right so I came to check on him gave him a coffee and helped him to do some work to save some time and he had the stupid guts to pitch the idea of me being his secretary. Even though I was in the need of a job I wouldn't stoop low to accept a job from a rapist. A rapist was a rapist regardless whether he remembers or not.
"Hell no."that's what I wanted to say . I wanted to shut him up for good and just slap his dumb head and to make him remember what he did to me and make him realize how I much. I hated him. But no I ended up saying " I would think about it".He was just staring at me like an idiot.
"Arrgh, can my life get any worse?"