Prologue

Her head hurt as if it was 23:50 and there's a four-paged, single spaced report that she hadn't finish.

Where was she? She could barely see but in the corner of her eye her phone was on a call. She couldn't make out the contact name. The bright headlights of a vehicle near her shone bright and it was hurting her eyes to look at, so she tried to turn her head. The movement brought extreme pain and she could only let her head stay and look at the sky.

A blonde man gently lifted her body and let out a devastated sob. Was it her husband? Her husband wasn't blonde, he dyed his hair pink a few days ago. Who was he?

He looked really sad. Amelia felt extremely comfortable in his presence, something she thought she only felt with her husband. She tried to lift her arm to comfort the stranger, 'cause it felt like the right thing to do, but she couldn't move.

He was shouting her name in his cries. An ambulance was parked nearby and emergency responders tried to intervene. That's when Amelia saw the white robes the blonde man wore. He was a doctor. Did she know him?

She wasn't sure. The more she thought about it the more her head hurts. That's strange, why isn't her heart hurting anymore like the usual?

She felt herself being lifted on to the ambulance. Someone held her hand. The warmth of their hand was the only thing Amelia could feel as her vision faded into blackness.

____________________

Amelia woke up with blurry vision. Where was she now? The images of what she saw just moments before are still fresh in her mind. What did those moments mean? Didn't she die already?

Her head hurts when she thought about it.

She was in a hospital room. Every single places in her body ached. She groaned and someone shifted on her bed in their sleep. Amelia flinched but calmed herself down as she realize it was only her best friend, Sienna.

She turned to the bedside table to look for her phone. It was placed right on top. The phone screen lit up and Amelia froze.

2/12/2019

She was sure it was 2023 before she passed out. The passcode didn't work. She had changed her phone password to her wedding anniversary with Owen the day after they got married. Before that it was always her birthday.

She tried her birthday for the password and strangely enough, it worked.

Has she been resurrected?

"You're awake!" Sienna exclaimed and got up. "I'm gonna go get a doctor,"

"Sienna wait, what happened to me?" Amelia grabbed her by the arms. Sienna seemed confused for a second but didn't let the emotions linger.

"You passed out in the office after barely sleeping for a week. You've been unconscious since," Sienna said.

"How long was I out for?"

"Three days," Amelia grimaced. She remembered this. It was a few days before she met Owen, less than a month before she got married to him.

But why has she been given a second chance? Does whoever in charge of this type of stuff want her to try again? For what?

Her head hurt again. She pinched the bridge of her nose and waved at Sienna.

"Please get the doctor,"

___

"Miss Wu, you're healing great. Your body is extremely tired, which might've been the cause of weight loss and short term memory loss. You should be discharged in less than a week," the blonde doctor said. Amelia nodded mindlessly. Sienna thanked the doctor and he left without saying anything else.