Exploring the Labs

As the morning sun shone through the window, I realized I couldn't sleep in any longer. Although my body was still aching in pain, I felt stronger and fuller. Aunt May was sleeping in the chair next to me, and I didn't want to disturb her. I decided to stand on my own. I slowly swung my legs over the edge of the bed and lightly tested them on the floor. They seemed stable enough, so I pressured them and stood up a little wobbly. I needed to stretch as my body was cramped from spending the past few days in bed. As I stood up, I started thinking about Ned. Wait, where's my phone?

I gently pushed against the glass door and peeked my head into the hallway. It looked like the coast was clear, but then a voice echoed from above,

"Mr. Parker, do you wish me to inform Mr. Stark that you are awake?" I quickly stepped back into the room, realizing that it was the AI from the entry of the school trip.

"Uh, no thanks, FRIDAY?" I responded, still a little groggy.

"Mr. Parker, where do you wish to go?" FRIDAY asked.

"I'm just stretching my legs. Maybe the bathroom?" I replied.

"Of course, follow the white light to the bathrooms, please," FRIDAY said, and as she spoke, a beaming light highlighted the floor, leading me out the door and down the hall.

As I slowly walked towards the bathroom, I noticed I was passing some intense labs working on intriguing stuff. A large flash shot out from a lab I was walking past, catching my eye. Looking through the glass, I saw Dr Banner, the expert on gamma radiation and X-ray emissions from neutron stars, black holes, and globular clusters. Dr. Banner was incredible, coming in a close second to Mr. Stark.

I decided to take a break and lean onto the glass, allowing me to watch their experiments. On the board were a bunch of formulas, one of which they were puzzling over. But then, I noticed that someone had written two thousand instead of three thousand, and it was no wonder they looked puzzled.

 I mustered up some courage and knocked on the glass. The workers snapped their heads over to where I was standing with a scowl on their faces, and Dr. Banner looked up, surprised.

"The math is wrong," I said, pointing at the board.

A man with blonde buzzed hair and sharp eyebrows stormed over to the door and opened it. "Can't hear you, the glass is soundproof, dweeb," he said.

I glanced over his name tag, Jacob Hanson. "The math on that formula is wrong," I said softly.

"No, I personally calculated it. It's not wrong; it's just unsolvable," he snapped.

"No, you made an error," I replied.

"What does the kid want, Hanson?" I heard Dr. Banner's voice.

"This... thing thinks the math is wrong," Jacob replied.

"It is, sir," I stumbled out.

"Show me," Dr. Banner simply said.

I squeezed past Jacob and slowly hobbled to the board, writing down the correct numbers and then answering them. The equation became simple after the mistake was taken out. "Hmm, it seems the boy was right. Hanson, your math was wrong. Let's run these calculations into the nebulizer," Dr. Banner said as he patted my back.