@ 5 @

~If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it~

^^^

A door sat at the end of the never-ending hallway, with a button accompanying it. The door was glass, completely see-through. "I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier. The elevator is the most efficient way to get around the factory." As they stepped inside, the remaining girls noticed that it wasn't just the door that was made of glass, but the walls, floor, and ceiling. Hundreds of buttons completely covered the clear walls.

"There can't be this many floors." Michelle scorned, to which Wonka retorted.

"Oh, this isn't just an ordinary up-and-down elevator! This elevator can go sideways and longways and slantways and any other way you can think of! It can visit every single room in the whole factory, no matter where it is! You simply press a button and you're off! For instance..." Wonka proceeded to press a button labeled 'Candy Canes.' The glass door slammed shut, before the leaping sideways as though the entire thing was reacting to a hot stove. Michelle went flying into the wall, however, (Y/N) was grabbed by Wonka, making sure she'd stay up right. She looked up at him, noting the strange expression on his face. It was blank, almost lost in thought, however, his eyes told thousands of words. All the poor girl couldn't understand. The elevator rushed around at the speed of a rocket, before dropping quickly. Entering a room in the factory, a great, craggy mountain could be seen. The entire thing appeared to be made of fudge. (Y/N) mouth watered a little before getting a hold of herself.

"Make it stop!" Michelle begged.

"Can't do that. It won't until we get there. I only hope no one's using the other elevator at this moment."

"What other elevator?" (Y/N) questioned.

"The one that goes the opposite way on the same track as this one. Don't worry you pretty little head, though. There has never been a collison... yet." A scream of the brakes brought the elevator to a slow halt. With a DING, the doors slid open. It was a red and white swirled wonderland. All around Oompa-Loompas was logging the tree like candy canes, "Now, I'm an observant person, and I've often observed that old people don't eat enough candy. What's more, I've often seen them carrying walking sticks. Which led me to think, what if I were to invent a candy cane."

"Candy cane?" Michelle inquired.

"No, a candy cane!" Wonka smirked, picking a walking stick-shaped candy cane. "However..." He took it to a candy cane rock, which resulted in the shattering of the cane itself. "They're extremely fragile! They really don't work at all."

"Then why would anyone want one?" Michelle mumbled.

"Exactly! That's called marketing! Now, who else uses canes?"

"Shepherds?" (Y/N) offered, however, Wonka shook his head.

"Tried it. The sheep just ate them, and it made them mean. Any other suggestions?" Wonka asked, looking between the two girls. Instead of offering any kind of help, Michelle just said:

"Why don't you just admit they're completely pointless?" Before Wonka could say anything, (Y/N) answered Michelle's query.

"Candy doesn't have to have a point. That's why it's candy." 

"Well, it's stupid. Candy is a waste of time." She walked off to explore, as (Y/N) stayed with a dazed Wonka. Snapping her fingers in front of his eyes, he eventually came back to reality.