@ 1 @

~Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination~

^^^

It was another day. One that had so many possibilities for all of us. The old, the young, the able, and the impaired. The beauty of such a time, is that luck could change at any moment. Any second. She woke up every morning to a gorgeous sunrise, knowing that today could help her family in any sort of way. "Good morning, Buckets!" She cheered loudly, climbing down the rickety, old later which led from her bedroom she was greeted with her family. (Y/N) Bucket had two parents: One mother and one father. Each parent still had both of their parents, resulting in a family of seven. But at the moment, there were only five members of the family in the old shack. "Mama, where's dad?" She queried, sitting down on top of her grandparents' shared bed.

"He decided to go into work a little early this morning." Her mother answered, looking back on her daughter fondly. "Are you almost ready for work, (Y/N)? You wouldn't want to be late."

"Oh, I completely forgot!" She must have raced around the house for quite a while, leaving her miniscule serving of cabbage remaining completely untouched.

"Don't forget your scarf, honey. It's cold out." Her daughter wasn't listening, as she raced out of the ramshackle home. "That girl... I don't know what to do with her." Her mother huffed, a small smile gracing her features, as she served her parents and her in-laws. 

As she ran, people passed her without a care. Most people would describe (Y/N) as a plain girl, not worth the public's attention. She was invisible to the eye. When her lungs started to burn, (Y/N) took a breather, attempting to soften her breathing. In that time, her nose was stuck up in the air, to smell a scent she could not resist. The smell of chocolate. In the sleepy city she resided, the world's largest chocolate factory sat like a king watching over his citizens. (Y/N) loved smelling all she could get from the factory every morning, appreciating what it brought her. The poor thing loved chocolate but could only afford a bar once a year. Staring at a public clock, she made a dash to a little stationery store, close to the chocolate factory. "You were almost late." Curtis Von Straut, a serious yet kind man, was her employer. He was about sixty years old. He was already serving some customers, retrieving card stock and regular old paper from behind the counter. 

"Sorry, sir. I'll try not to worry you so much the next time." She stated, putting on her apron, before opening up the second register. "I can help someone over here!" When the rush ended, which wasn't a rush in the slightest mind you, Curtis turned to the girl.

"See, but that's the exact problem."

"What is, sir?" (Y/N) wasn't really listening, as she began to sweep the floor.

"You're never late. Sure, there has been some close calls, but you've never missed a second of work."

"But don't you like that in an employee, sir?" She asked genuinely, as he let out a sigh.

"Of course, I appreciate a work ethic in an employee, but... don't you want to get married someday, (Y/N)?" She shook her head. In reality, (Y/N) Bucket did wish to get married, but now wasn't a good time. She was working hard to support her family the best she possibly could. "Look, I'm gonna be honest with you, kid." Her attention was now completely on him. "The business isn't doing so well. We're bleeding money faster than we can get any." He pulled a pink slip from his apron, before handing it to her.

"You're... firing me, sir?" (Y/N) was shocked, she could barely even reach out and grab the piece of paper.

"I don't want to, (Y/N), but I have to. I really am sorry. Tomorrow will be your last day. I'll give you your pay and then that will be that." He spoke a-matter-of-factly, trying his hardest to keep his emotions in check.