Chapter 6 - X

The power is back on, I'm right below sight line on this floor, but the bad news is, this is a casino, one of the most famous in the lands, "If I make a run for it, they might not notice me" I think to myself, I manage to silently run up the stairs without being noticed, I eventually see a room with two guards on the outside, "This is bad" I think to myself, I see a guard distracted, so I decide to throw my dagger at the partner's face, then sneak behind the other and kill him. I ready my knife and kill the partner before silently running at the distracted guard and impaling a knife through his heart. I can hear a conversation on the other side of the door "N-No! Don't hurt him!" I recognize the voice, it's Ink! I dash into the room to find a man in a suit and Ink crying on the floor. "Ink! Oh my...what happened?" I asked him, when all of a sudden "X....go...please leave..." Ink says to me. "Huh? Why?" I ask "You....Your life is in danger...please..sniffle..go" he begs of me. I think about it for a moment until "No." I say to him, I grab Ink and run out the building while holding him. "X... why, why do you care about me...?" he asks "Well, you're like my little brother, so of course I have to take care of you" I reply. Eventually we make it back at our house. "Hey Ink? Who was that man?" I ask about the man, not sure if he knew. "O-Oh...him? He's my uncle...apparently he saw what happened that day" Ink replies. My face tuns pale.