Chapter One: Part Two [3]

“Who’s Casper?” She pulled him back up.

“What?” Vinceo massaged his temple as he regained his balance.

“You called his name. Who’s Casper?”

He was dumbfounded for a second. Then he blinked rapidly realizing he dazed for a bit. “Let’s talk about it later.” He sighed. “Let’s focus on this fucker first.”

Lester stood back up again like nothing happened. He looked at them and his hand reached for something at the back of his neck. As he lowered his hand, he smiled and guffawed. Mycenia clenched her fist. She sensed something ominous from him. She extended her left arm towards Lester with her palm facing him. She wrapped him in an invisible force and lifted his body. With his feet dangling inches from the ground, she saw no sign of struggle from him. He smiled and stared at her intently.

In a snap, Lester disappeared right in front of her and so was her psychokinetic grasp on him. She searched for him but she failed. Until she felt a touch of wind that sent sensations down her spine. She blinked her eyes rapidly when darkness started to consume her sight. She managed to stay awake and she was dumbfounded to see herself, standing again in the shade of the trees; watching the water, the dock, and the busy people on the lakeside. And Vinceo was by her side, stunned to see them back in their position.

“What the fuck did just happen?”

“We’ve been in his illusion since we came here. We’re already trapped, Ceo.”

“How are we going to get out of this?”

“Everything in here is an illusion. We need to find a way to tear the illusion and get ahold of  anything tangible behind this.”

“Can you do that?”

“I need time.”

She kneeled on the ground and laid her palms on it. Closing her eyes, she started feeling her surroundings with her psychokinetic force. She started mapping out the place, spreading her influence around. On the other hand, Vinceo stood guard for her and prepared himself for anything. Mycenia lifted her hands and gasped for air.

“What’s wrong, My?”

“This place is not an illusion.” She was still catching her breath. “Our mind is trapped in an illusion, Ceo. To simply explain this...it’s like we’re asleep we need to wake up now. I don’t know how time passes here. We could be trapped for days!”

“What are we going to do?”

“Just stay close.”

She closed her eyes and stood still; she laid the fingers of both of her hands on the side of her head, just behind her eyes, and started sending psychokinetic force in her. She grunted and whinced in pain but she achieved what she hoped to happen. She woke up and gasped for air. The first thing she saw was her feet being dragged on the muddy ground leaving marks. Looking up, she saw two men, wearing the black uniform of the guards of the Herozoan Corporation, holding each of her arms. Before they could notice that she was awake, she released a pulse of psychokinetic force that blasted them away. She was freed and dropped to the ground.

She stood quickly and dealt with the guards nearby. One gesture of her hand, she snapped the neck of the man who was about to pull a gun. On the other side, she swept the man away and impaled his stomach to the broken branch of a tree. His blood poured down as he kept on pushing himself off of the sharp and thick branch. And the last man who tried to run away while alerting his comrades through the radio rose from the ground struggling. She clenched her fist and the man screamed in pain as his bones were snapped and his whole body folded into a big ball of meat.

"Vinceo!" she called which echoed throughout the woods.

She extended her arms and opened her palms. One gesture of her hands, she repeatedly released pulses of psychokinetic force that rippled throughout the woods. She closed her eyes and felt everything around her. Her hands were shaking. She knew she used too much of her powers. Blood started to creep down her nose, but she ignored it. She continued pushing herself. The waves of her force reached a hundred meters before she sensed another group of people. She hoped Vinceo was one of them.

Another movement of her hand and she was wrapped by her psychokinetic force. She rose from the ground and flew up and went through the cluster of branches and thick leaves. She looked at the expanse of the dark forest. She took a deep breath and flew north, to where he sensed the presence of men. When she was directly overhead of the people, she stopped and dove into the woods. She landed on her feet behind the group of Herozoan's men that caught everyone's attention.

Even in a dimly lit environment, she didn't notice Vinceo with them. One swift movement of her hands and the men were swept off of their feet. Before they could use their guns, she snapped their limbs, incapacitating and making them suffer. She kept them alive, crying on the ground, bathing in their blood, and enduring the excruciating pain. She looked around, panting, and feeling light-headed. Vinceo was nowhere near her. She shut her eyes again and let her psychokinetic force spread around the forest. She groaned in pain; this time, the burning pain of her body became worse. More blood came dripping out of her nose. Then she sensed a vehicle kilometers from her.

She flew again out of the woods. From the bird's eye view, she immediately saw the headlights of the car speeding away. She felt Vinceo was in there. She pushed herself down and flew directly overhead the running vehicle. She safely dropped herself on its roof and maintained her balance as the vehicle rocked while going through an uneven road. She extended her arms and used her psychokinetic abilities to shake the tree up ahead. Pain struck her head again; it was like she was wearing a crown of thorns with each thorn digging its way through her head. More blood came crawling out of her nose. She endured it and screamed her pain. The large tree felled, blocking the way.

The car stopped before hitting the tree and she extended her arms to prevent herself from tripping over. Uniformed men came rushing out of the car. Before they could even notice her presence, she wrapped the man from her left with her force; swung him, and knocked off the other man close to him. She grabbed one of the guns with her abilities; it flung right through her hand. She held it with both of her hands and started shooting the remaining men one by one.