Ch 19

(Double update because I owe y'all that much. Sorry for the wait for update recently!)

Regulus was terrified. He wasn't one for grand gestures or anything that drew too much attention to himself. He didn't exactly know what he was going to say when he saw her. He also wasn't sure what he would do but he simply hoped that he wouldn't make a fool of himself. It was the day before they would leave for break. This was his last chance to makeup with the girl before the new year. 

Regulus fidgeted with the buttons on his shirt. He was dressed in his typical black slacks and dress shoes. His white button-down shirt was lazily tucked in, his sleeves rolled up because he felt like he was burning up from the anxiety pumping through his veins. He paced in front of the mirror twisting a silver ring that rested on his right hand. He glanced up at his nightstand. A bouquet of pink camellias sat next the little black velvet box. Time was ticking and he was running out of time. 

He grabbed the flowers and box and dashed out of his dorm towards the courtyard. He had to do it while he still had a small bit of courage left. There was a reason he wasn't a Gryffindor that was for sure. He stepped out of the castle coming across a familiar head of soft red hair.

 He could feel his heartbeat increasing as he stepped closer and closer. She was sitting at the fountain with Marlene and Peter. She was laughing. He froze in his spot as he watched her head tilt back a large grin spread across her lips. Her face slightly pink from the cold air. She was in a cream-colored coat with her red scarf. Her cream and red sweater layered underneath her coat was paired with a pair of flared light jeans and boots. She was breathtaking. 

Marlene noticed the boy. He looked like he was in a trance as he gazed at her friend. He needed a little nudge to make a move and she was just the person to help him out. Marlene looked around the courtyard spotting her other red headed friend with her scar faced friend. Of course, the two nerds were reading. Marlene stood up clearing her throat grabbing Peter and Daphne's attention. 

"I need to go ask Lily about Christmas break plans, how about you come with me Pete." Marlene urged looping her arm in Peters pulling him up. Daphne started to stand causing Marlene to push her back down into the seat. "You wait here." 

Marlene dragged Peter with her sending Regulus a quick wink and nodded toward the red head on the bench. Regulus mouthed a quick 'thank you' as Marlene went and alerted her two friends to the situation happening across the courtyard. The four friends perking up to watch as Regulus made his way to the girl. 

"Daphne?" Regulus called out grabbing the girl's attention. Her eyes lit up, but her face quickly turned down into a frown. 

"What do you want Black?" She asked her tone slightly cold. She had missed the boy immensely, but she was tired. She was tired of the Black boys playing with her feelings. 

"I came to apologize." He said giving the girl a sad look. She nodded gesturing for him to continue. "I had no right to be angry about Sirius and you didn't deserve the cold shoulder. I was scared. I was scared that I lost my chance." 

"What do you mean lost your chance?" Daphne asked. She stood up stepping closer to him. He looked beautiful as usual. His grey eyes shining as he spoke. 

"I- I don't know" Regulus stuttered as he looked into the girls deep blue eyes. "I got jealous when I saw him with you though because I know that if it came down to me or him it'd be him and I thought that I lost you." He stepped closer to the girl. 

"How do you know that?" She questioned. She was annoyed. She had to admit she wasn't the most forward with her feelings. Especially after the way she felt so humiliated by the way Sirius took advantage of her feelings previously. "You never thought to ask how I felt. You just assumed." 

"Everyone knows how you feel about my brother." Regulus mutter quietly looking down at his feet avoiding the girl's gaze.

"Felt. Past tense Regulus. That has nothing to do with how I feel now." She said pushing herself closer. Regulus met the girls gaze as the words registered in his mind. She didn't fancy him anymore. She didn't want Sirius anymore. "Regardless of the feelings I held for Sirius that doesn't have anything to do with this. I don't want to lose you. You're one of my best friends I can't lose you." Regulus chuckled slightly. 

"I can't be your friend Daphne." Regulus said. He stared into her eyes. He could feel his heart beating faster as he looked at her. "I think about you all the time. I see you and all I want to do is be next to you. I want to hold your hand and make you smile and laugh." He said smiling slightly. He took a deep breath. "I can't be your friend Daphne, not when I'm in love with you." 

Daphne smiled as the boy poured out his feelings. Before she could even realize what, she was doing she had closed the gap between them. She stood on her toes as she tugged him down slightly pushing her lips into his. Warmth flooded her body as the boy melted into her touch. His hands quickly wrapping around her waist pulling her closer to him.

Their lips moved in sync as they kissed. Regulus could feel the warmth and electricity shooting through his body. As she pulled away catching her breathe Regulus had pressed his forehead to hers. A grin spread across his face slightly from shock and part of it because he was excited. 

"Go out with me." Regulus said breathily. Daphne chuckled shaking her head. 

"I thought you'd never ask." She replied with a grin.

"The first Hogsmeade trip when we get back?" He asked hopefully still not believing this was happening.  She nodded in response smiling brightly. "Oh, um, these are for you." Regulus said as he handed her the pink camellia's he had been holding. 

"You remembered." She smiled as she held the flowers admiring. 

"I never forget." He said with a smile. "I also have your Christmas present." He retrieved the little black velvet box from his pocket opening it for the girl. The girl looked down at the locket stunned. It was a beautiful silver with a small flower engraved into it. "I put a picture of us, and then a picture of you and your friends." He looked up at her. Her eyes were slightly glassy as she admired the photos in the locket. 

"This is perfect Reg." She said her voice barely above a whisper. "Will you put it on me?" She asked excitedly. 

"Of course." He chuckled. he removed the necklace from the box, and she turned around moving her hair to the side. He clasped the necklace around her neck before situating her hair back to its rightful place.  He admired the necklace on her smiling. "Beautiful." She smiled at him. 

"Your gift is in my dorm. I'll give it to you on the train tomorrow." She said eagerly. She had been excited for his gift. She had gotten him a new ring. It had her Patronus engraved into it. A Raven. 

"I don't need a gift. You are more than enough." he muttered as he admired the smiling girl. 

"Flattery will get you everywhere Black." Daphne smirked sending him a wink as she started to walk past the boy and into the castle. 

"Where are you going?" Regulus called out.

"I gotta tell my friends about this hot date I got after break." she said with a big smile making the boy chuckle.